Monday, December 21, 2009

It's Almost The End Of A Shit-tastic Year!

Tonight is my last night at home and I am slowly working on getting things ready to go. By slowly I mean not at all. HAH.

It's now 7pm and I have nothing packed. In fact I am the opposite of packed right now. I need to take my stuff out of my hair supplies suitcase and then stuff it full of clothes and hair shit. So it's like, unpacking just to pack again. Ugh. The worst kind of packing! At least I have done all of my laundry and stuff though so everything is ready to be packed I just need to get my ass in gear and do it.

I've ran out of time and I'm still somehow finding time to waste. This isn't a good combination really. I've been sick since Wednesday and today was one hell of a long day. I started feeling better over the weekend but this morning I felt like I was run over by a truck. It very quickly became a Damien Rice kind of day and I sat in my office fucking the dog the whole day listening to some nice acoustic music. Not so much fucking the dog, I still got stuff done, I just refused to get up because I felt like I was going to puke up until about 3 or so.

The last few weeks have been crazy, as you can tell I haven't had any time to blog. Yesterday was our last day of class for the year and we will go back on the 4th. Then it's balls to the wall until May. That means between January 4th and May 1st there are 117 days. I will have one of those days off in that time. Yes I counted because I am just that neurotic and need to prepare myself for this ridiculous escapade.

I've already decided a few things. The biggest thing is that I've decided to step back from any parties (except for special occasions ie good friends birthdays or something) and just be a hermit. I need to. I have exhausted myself this month because there has been too many things going on. I just simply can't go out right now. It's too tiring. There are a few people that don't seem to understand it but that's okay. I will make time for the people who mean most to me but it will be doing easy going things. I hope everyone will understand and that no one will think I'm trying to bail out on life.

Tomorrow I leave for PG after work basically. My flight is supposed to leave at 7:35pm but I am expecting it to be delayed. They always are at that time of night especially in the winter. I originally had plans to meet up with a group of people around 10pm somewhere but I decided to cancel. Call me lame but I think I might cancel most plans with friends this time around.

I do still have plans though. On the 23rd while my brother is at work I am going to do a couple haircuts for my best friend and her husband, as well as sneak in a limited visit with my Gramma. Once my brothers off work we're going to head up to Fort instead of leaving the next morning like the original plan. We are going to stop in Vanderhoof to visit Jon. I told Jon I would love to visit him on my way through and say hello to his family so he has invited my brother and I to his house for dinner. He went on a big fishing trip after he was finished chemo and he wants to make us a really nice halibut or cod dinner. We are finally going to get some pictures together after all these years too. This is my favourite picture of him though by far...


Oh life. How crazy you can be. This year has been one for the books that's for sure, it's been one fuuuuuucked up year. I have already started compiling a list of things I want to do/start doing in 2010 as well. I'm enjoying where my life is going right now and I want to continue on that. Next year will definitely be better than this year.

The only other news is that I had my hair redone yesterday. One of the girls in my class (the fabulous Jessica) did it for me. I was going to get it cut as well but we just didn't have time. We were really running low on colour yesterday and the colour I wanted to put in my hair was only available in permanent. So I was going to mix some colours in the demipermanents to get the same colour, but we were friggen out of one of the colours I needed so that failed miserably. So I went with permanent instead which means that instead of a quick/easy application and a 20 minute wait it became a longer application process and a 40 minute wait. I'm going to be all gross looking for Christmas but whatever. I don't even care I'm just psyched on life that I finally sleep in for a few days and not feel the slightest bit guilty about it. Oh and I'm also not going out for New Years this year, I am so taking advantage of that weekend and just relaxing as well!

The colour I am aiming for:


Time to shower and pack. Woohoo Home tomorrow! :)

No comments: