Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bad Omen or McConnell Luck? I'll Never Know

I was thinking about my car today... and I realized that suckers been through a lot.

It now has about 54000km's on it, it is 3 years old, and has the worst luck. Clearly it belongs to a McConnell because bad luck just seems to run in the family.

So this is what she's done in the last 3 years in no particular order:

- Multiple trips from Vancouver to Fort, and vice versa

- Probably a hundred (+/-) trips to PG from Fort.

-Was towed to the impound and spent two nights there due to not so nice police men.

-Spent a night in the ditch by someones house till she received a visit from the tow truck (who actually wanted to try to pull her out with his fucking yukon. Still not impressed about that, what kind of tow truck service shows up with a god damn yukon and says he can pull you out with that??)

-She has been gouged big time on the side of both passenger doors near the bottom by a nasty trailer hitch.

-She has been keyed.

-She has taken it in the rear.

-She's also given it in the rear - twice.

-She has been given some head via an asian man turning left.

-She's had to have one of her tires changed because it had a big gouge in it :(

-She's been high centered on a snowbank due to a certain sister of mine egging me on to "See if we could make it."

... I think that's it... so far anyhow. So in 3 years that's what's coming to me.

I think this car is a bad omen. One day if I don't die in this stupid thing, I will get rid of it and HOPEFULLY get a car that isn't destined to bad things happening.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhhh, I know how that feels. I had a car that had brutal luck like that too. Then I let one of my roomates borrow it when I was in university, and someone ran a red light and t-boned him and it was finally written off. My Dad still to this day says he should have bought me a beamer with the amount of money he spent getting that poor car fixed.

Anonymous said...

Isn't the car still running? If it gets u safely from A to B in one piece, then she sounds like she has good heart and character.

Marlee said...

hahaha I'm not so sure it's "safely" getting me from A to B but it is getting me there for now! But yes she does have some character in her that's for sure. I'm quite attached actually, I will run her into the ground assuming nothing severe happens!

Ashley that is how I'm starting to feel! haha