Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Week In My Life... And Then Some

I've completely shit the bed on this blogging business lately. There's been numerous excuses for it, the main one being that I've been extremely busy.

I'm trying to think back to what I did and I'm having trouble remembering Wednesday for some reason. Actually no I'm not having trouble remembering Wednesday I'm just all screwed up on my days.

On Wednesday Danielle and I met up for coffee, Quan-less of course because she jumped on the sick wagon with the rest of the world. I was pretty much a disaster when I got home. I forgot how poorly my body reacts to caffeine, aka it damn near throws me into a panic attack. One of caffeine's lovely side effects is it can cause your body to go into fight or flight mode... which is why people often have to take a dump after they drink a coffee, or feel a little nauseous. For me, I get into full blown nausea and nervousness. It escalates from there so next time I think I'll just get a hot chocolate as opposed to the chocolate truffle espresso (which by the way is quite tasty.)

On Thursday I had dinner with Rachel and the family which was enjoyable as always. I didn't get home till nearly 11 though, same with the night before that. So no time for blogging there.

Friday night I went out to Toby's with a friend from PG who is here doing his level one steel fab course. That turned into quite a hilarious evening. The band that played that night were quite old (probs about 45+) but they were awesome. No jokes, they played eminem. And the guy that sang was wearing an argyle sweater with a white tie, he was bald and white. It was amaaaazing hahaha. Seriously though they were cool old dudes.

On Saturday night I went out to Schanks with Danielle, Chad, Ryan, Elise, Sonia, Neil, Steve, Mike and Mikes girlfriend (sorry I forget her name already.) That place is AMAZING for sports. I might have to watch some UFC there because wow, so many tv's. Although I find I can't focus on just one, I have a major issue with that.

On Sunday I had to drive out to Langley to get my nails done. This is my other excuse for not blogging. I can't fucking type properly with these things on my fingers and it drives me crazy. I've been avoiding texting and typing ever since. Two girls I work with are doing their nail course out at EnVogue. So naturally they needed models and Klara asked if I would come out for an appointment. I figured free nails, why not! So I headed out there. I really like what she did but they're just too long. Had they been a bit shorter I would be able to function a little more.





The big chunks of sparkly yellow things are actually pieces of shell. Yes that's right. And the little flower, is actually a real flower. Who knew?! I had no idea you could use stuff like that for nails. The nails ended up spurring ideas for Halloween. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to be now even though these nails will be lucky to make it to Halloween.

Before I went out to Langley I went grocery shopping and randomly picked up cake mix. I had no particular plans for this cake mix but I ended up coming home and Mark came over to bake rainbow cupcakes with me (stolen from Shaz's idea however hers turn out much better than ours hahaha.)




Mark's cupcakes are on the left... needless to say I think mine are decorated slightly better. They at least don't look like a small poodle shit on them.

Afterwards we watched "Year Zero" which I actually found hilarious. I love Michael Cera though.

Yesterday and today I've taken as my "do sweet fuck all" days. I should make some meat sauce soon but maybe tomorrow night I'll do that.

Dario's cousin is supposed to stop by tomorrow to take a look at the wedding centerpieces I have to see if she wants them or not. Hopefully she does cause they're taking up space in my bedroom right now. Space that I do not have to spare!

So there's my life for the past weekish.

In amongst all that I have been freaking out just a wee bit about school starting. I have about 12 days until school starts which is friggen crazy when I think about it! I'm nervous but excited all at the same time. I'm worried about whether or not there'll be girls there that know more than me hahaha. It seems crazy I know but whatever. I guess it's just weird to think that the time is actually almost here. I've been talking about doing this for years and I'm finally doing it. It's also weird not knowing what to expect as this is a completely different industry than any I've ever worked in or been a part of so it'll be really interesting to see how I fit into it all. I'm confident though that I'm going to kick the shit out of this class.

I guess that's about it for now. There's 10 billion other things going on but I really don't feel like typing because of these stupid nails. Nothing exciting.

I'm going to go drown myself in some pudding while I watch the biggest loser. Or some chips, chips are probably my better bet. But I am actually craving carrot sticks with some jalapeno ranch dip.

I think I eat too much. OH speaking of eating too much I saw an anorexic/bulemic girl yesterday. Like a real one too. Her biceps were smaller than my wrists. I was blown away by how skinny she was. Her fingers were all chapped and scraped up, my guess is from jamming them down her throat. I've never seem someone with an eating disorder that's gone THAT far before. It was quite sad really, part of me really wanted to say something but what would you even say? "Hi, you don't know me and you're probably going to go home, binge eat then purge once I say this, but I think you need to seek some medical attention."

Yeah, wouldn't go over well.

6 comments:

Krista... said...

i have a friend who did the nail course and practiced on me. did not go over well. i am a short nail, no polish kind of girl and i didn't even know how to pull up my pants with those things. i ended up cutting them down myself like an hour after and they were totally fucked forever until she finally took them off for me. i was getting so much junk stuck under them...ungh. hate hate hate!!

Ophelia Mourne said...

your nails are crazy cute, especially the real flower. You'll be great in school. Its going to go by so fast :)

Stacey said...

The nails are cute.
I like my word verification, it's muckerd.

Krista said...

Nails and cupcakes, I love girl blogs.

Looks like you've had a busy week there! Don't stress too much about school everyone thinks they know more than they do but that's why you go to school: to learn, not to bet better than anyone. Besides in your field isn't it nice to share tips and tricks?

And I don't think "shit the bed" will ever not be hilarious.

Shaz said...

Cuppycakes and soon riggies!? Seriously I'm coming over to bogart food!

aliciafashionista said...

same as Krista, I'm a plain nails kind of gal and helped someone out for school. I ended up ripping them off that night. Ripping fake nails off hurts like a bitch and does a lot of damage...I don't recommend it haha
YAY for schooooooooool