Congratulations are in order to...
MYSELF.
For not being a friggen hockey widow this year! WHOOO.
I won't lie. If there is one thing that I am enjoying about being single, it's the fact that the tv is mine when I want it and I can watch whatever the hell I want! I am not forced to watch endless amounts of football on Sundays, nor hockey 24/7... or any other sport that's on when one of the above is not.
Sweet Jesus is it enjoyable.
Of course though to celebrate, I ended up going to the pub to watch the canucks lose, but the difference is I don't have to watch it all the time, especially at home. I love going out and watching hockey games at the pub or UFC, and I loooove UFC... but it's very rare that I'll watch either at home. Playoff hockey I can watch at home, but for me sporting events are usually a reason for a social get together.
Ahh sweet sweet TV. All mine. <3
For the record... I splurged and bought a pair of studded black boots since I do not actually own a pair of boots. (Blasphemy I know.) I also bought a leather jacket. Not real leather because I'm way too cheap for that, but none the less it's quite nice and I LOVE it.
All in all... I would say it was a good day. The night before that I had dinner with Sandra and Christian which was great as well. Tonight I am going out to Abbotsford to visit my friend Andrea who I haven't seen since I moved here!! I'm really excited for that actually. It was her birthday yesterday so as my gift to her I've burned her a great CD and will be bringing her some candy and stuff.
Tomorrow I work at the shop at 6am. Saturday night church. Then who knows what after that. Sunday candle party so that'll keep me busy for the day.
Busy weekend ahead of me for sure! Then on Thursday I will be leaving on a jet plane to the northern country!
SO excited about that trip. I'm going to see as many people as I possibly can in one weekend. Turkey, beer, or BUST is what I will name this trip. Actually to be more literal I should probably name it Turkey, Gin, or BUST since it's quite unlikely that I'll be drinking beer. But you never know. I might try it out to see if I get less of a hangover! I've been drinking more beer lately which is weird for me.
All in all I can't wait for these next few weeks to fly by.
Also... I officially have one month left until I start school! I'm starting to get a little nervous but it'll all be just fine!
Friday, October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Fuck you! October is the best month in sports!! MLB playoffs, NHL starts, NFL is in full swing!!!
You're missing out.
Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead.
The key is to find your alcohol that doesn't give you a hangover ... mine is Vodka. Ah, sweet, sweet Vodka. *whispers to her bottle* I love you. Mwah!
I'm so picturing Tania caressing her sweet bottle of vodka!
hahaha i like the term 'hockey widow' had never heard of it till this year. Dan went out after work last night to watch the end of the game and I didn't know that was the plan. so when he was an hour late and still no sign i had a nice little panic attack and then his twin informed me that it was the first canucks game of the season. i stopped worrying about him after that. predictable men!
I think i need to have a look at this hockey game you speak of....
Oh and the bigger the hangover the better the night before!
I hear ya, thankfully my last ex was not sport crazy but after being with an NBA nut for 7 years and married to a total Sports freak before him... I am glad I am not subjected to it now.
One month... woo hoo!
Need to see a photo of the boots. Shoe freak here, needs to see shoes.
Post a Comment