Last night I went to visit my friend Andrea in Abbotsford.
This was the first time I have seen her since the day I moved to Vancouver. She drove down here with me to visit a friend, then a few months later she moved to Abbotsford.
Oddly enough we always try to get together and something ends up happening where we cancel our plans. I can't believe that it's already been over 2 years since I've seen her but it's funny how we never seem to skip a beat.
The second I saw her we literally hugged for a solid 30 seconds. Not just a regular hug but a full on grip for dear life kind of hug. Its funny how whenever we do see eachother we are so excited that we're like children in a candy shop.
Her birthday was on Thursday so I brought her a CD and giant bag of double bubble gum which ended up being perfect because now at 25 she has decided it's time to quit smoking.
This was one of the best nights I've spent with someone in so long. Every single time we see eachother we just end up having so much fun together, even if we're just sitting around the house.
Last night we decided to go for a couple drinks at cheers ($2.99 highballs, SO CHEAP!!) and then afterwards we went back to her place to visit and catch up on the last two and a half years.
I was mid sentence when Andrea randomly asked "What's your leg hair situation like?!" and pulled up my pant legs. I am ashamed to say that I have not shaved my legs in like 2 friggen weeks so they were DISGUSTING. She burst out laughing and I was sitting there so red faced and was like "WHAT THE FUCK?! WHERE DID THAT EVEN COME FROM?!?!"
She then proceeded to tell me "OH MY GOD!! I'm going to get my roommate RIGHT now and we're going to epliate our legs and bond."
... I was so lost at this point and couldn't stop laughing because of the randomness. SO... Andrea got up to get Angela, pulled out the "epilator" ... plugged it in and proceeded to do what can only described as the most torturous and painful experience you will EVER endure.
Oddly though, it is extremely satisfying. Basically, the epilator is an electric razor but instead of cutting your hair with a blade, it has rotating tweezers that pull out all of your hairs one by one. Say what? Exactly.
I'm pretty sure that if I ever wanted to torture a man, I would use this device on his balls.
The feeling can be compared to getting a tattoo, except worse because it's over a larger space where as a tattoo needle can only touch a small amount of space at one time.
We got about half way through HALF of one of my legs before I needed a break. I had already downed a glass of wine as well as the two drinks at the pub before this... and I still needed a break.
Andrea has a guitar in her livingroom so naturally just like any other time I end up in a place where there is a guitar, I picked it up and started to play. We decided from here on out that Angela would play her violin, Andrea and I would share guitar and sing, and Andreas brother Cameron would play the indian drum. Yeah did I mention they had one randomly hanging in their living room??
It was perfect. I am an awful singer and I never ever sing for anyone but somehow Andrea can coax me into just about anything (like showing her my 2 week long leg hair AND let her deal with it) so we ended up sitting around playing music for the next hour or more.
I haven't felt that happy in I don't know how long. I can't even describe how comfortable I felt.
First off, just to be around other girls that share that passion for music but also are able to pick up an instrument and play it, as well as sing even when we're all terrified... it was just awesome.
I had to work this morning at 6am, meaning I had to get up at 5, and I couldn't bring myself to leave until after 12:30. By the time I got home, into my bed, and asleep it was nearly 2am.
Every single minute of my night was worth it. I will definitely be making a huge effort to spend more time with her. It's just so funny to me that we can sometimes not even talk for 2 months, but the second we do it's all so natural and easy. There's no forced awkward conversation. We laugh more than I have ever laughed with anyone, agh. I just missed her so much.
I figured I would share one of the videos of us. I have a few that I may one day post but for now this will have to do. Andrea has an amazing voice, Angela was awesome at the violin, it was such a nice addition to everything. I don't even care what you think of my singing, I messed up horribly on guitar throughout this whole video, but it just needs to be posted.
Oh... in amongst pulling of leg hairs, wine drinking, guitar playing, singing, violin playing, indian drumming, laughing, etc... andrea also made a POT of instant chocolate pudding that her, Angela and myself shared... Three girls, one pot.
You can guess how that ended. HAH.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Me, Andrea, Angela, and Cameron
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Those are called "real" friends. I have a few like that and I treasure them. Sounds like it was a fantastic evening for your soul.
Yo mama sure enjoyed the video:)
I think it's a tad better than the American Idol on the Wii that we did on the weekend.
You don't even want to know the situation my legs are in, it's awful.
Glad you had a good nites, I love it when you make a connection with a friend you haven't seen in so long, like time stops. it's awesome.
Post a Comment