Monday, August 31, 2009

Everything Changes

I don't seem to have any time for anything lately. My lunch hours at work are now devoted to running errands it seems. My eating schedule has been thrown completely for a loop and I'm sure my metabolism (or whats left of it) has taken an even greater beating.

Today at lunch I will have to take my car over to the dealership to get an oil change, but not without getting gas first of course. What a pain in the ass. I've been going to the bank and crap at lunches as well or just working right through them so that I can leave work an hour or two early to make it to other appointments. It's ridiculous.

This is one thing I hate about this job -- the hours are really inconvenient. I used to be off at 2:30, home by quarter after 3, so if I really had to do something I could do it after work since most businesses don't close until 5 at the earliest. But, I don't miss waking up at quarter to 5 in the morning so I'll settle for these hours.

Now I will just have to keep penciling things in for 12/12:30 just to get them done. Like renewing my drivers license next week will have to be done on my lunch hour because good old ICBC closes at 5.

As well, my weekends have somehow disappeared completely. It seems like every weekend is now packed with stuff to do as well as every week night.

This weekend ended up being quite entertaining. For some reason I can no longer drink anything without getting hungover. Friday I wasn't able to eat all day except for a granola bar, I made the mistake of going to the pub and having TWO drinks with Marco and Marci. Screwed me right over, I was puking the next morning. TWO DRINKS. That's it, TWO. It was complete bullshit. Like, "I got a hangover for THAT?!" ... stupid. I wasn't impressed at all. However had I eaten I would have been just fine but I didn't even have time to eat because we were SUPPOSED to be going to the pub for dinner. Don't even get me started on how that got screwed up.

Saturday my friend Rat came over from the island. We call him Rat, his real name is Aaron. Where the nickname comes from I don't know but whatever. He was looking to buy a car so him and I drove all over New West, Burnaby, and eventually all the way out to Richmond so that he could find a car. The first test drive was the sketchiest test drive I think anyone's ever had.

No jokes, the car wouldn't start because it had been "sitting there for two weeks" ... whatever. So the guy grabs some cables and jump starts it, we make it out of the lot and up the hill, haven't even passed the dealership yet and the car stalls. Get this -- it doesn't start back up. The salesman had to jump into the drivers seat and put the car in neutral, back us down the hill and back into the lot, then he got someone to help him PUSH the car back to where it will sit until they probably burn the thing.

I couldn't believe it when he still tried to say "oh we'll just jump start it again, it'll be fine, you can test drive one of the other cars in this model till we get this one running then you can buy this one!" Rat just looked at the guy and was like "yeah I'm thinking no." ...

He ended up getting a car in Richmond then we drove back to my place so I could charge my phone and get the scoop on what the plans were for the fights that night. As soon as I was able to figure that out we drove out to Kits to watch the fights at some place called Migs. I ate the most delicious frickin pulled pork sandwich ever. Oh god was it good. I could eat another one right now.

The fights ended up being awesome. None of us were expecting much but there were definitely some good scraps and quite a few good knock outs.

After that Rat and I headed over to Toby's to meet up with my roommate and have a few drinks.

Finally we all went back home, I made up Rats bed on the pull out couch and went to bed, even though him and Ashley were still wide awake. I was sooo tired. Then yet again after only having FOUR drinks (over the course of like 6 hours) I somehow ended up with a pukey hangover in the morning. Disgusting.

Finally we ended up getting off our asses around 1 and went downtown so he could pick up a few things, then he left town around 5:30. I did NOTHING for the rest of the night. It was quite glorious.

Tonight I'm debating between going and seeing a movie with Alicia and everyone or staying home, getting some reading done, and watching "dating in the dark."

If you haven't seen it yet, watch it. It's definitely my new guilty pleasure TV show. It's so cheesy but so great at the same time.

This weekend was crazy busy. Very fun, got to see a few people that I haven't seen in a long time. I haven't seen Rat in 4 years and Marco and Marci I haven't seen for quite a few months now.

Next weekend I'll be heading to the Island to visit more people that I haven't seen in years, and apparently will be attempting to play beersby. I'm terrified because judging by this weekend, I'm going to be useless to society for at least a day after we play beersby. I realllllllly am not feeling up to that just yet. Ugh. This new found "I'm going to have a hangover everytime I have a fucking drink" thing is going to become extremely inconvenient.

4 comments:

Barbara Doduk said...

Just FYI,

ICBC has an EXPRESS Drivers Services location @ Metrotown.

All they do is renew (no testing)

They are open to 6PM Mon-Tues and to 9 PM Wed-Fri and open Sat. Just thought that might help.

HUGS

Marlee said...

awesome thanks!

Mike said...

Ask to leave early on a friday. Or are you not that valuable to your supervisors to ask such dastardly things?!

Marlee said...

haha I've already missed a lot of time for the surgery and for my friends wedding and stuff so I feel way too guilty to ask to leave early... even though they've never seemed to have a problem with it. Either way I would have to work through my lunch so it's all the same