Monday, July 20, 2009

The Rae Wedding

I haven't had a chance to blog about it yet but on July 9th I went up to Fort St. James to be in my friend Megan's Wedding.

I met Megan when I was about 9 or 10 years old during our band concerts. Her and I both played flute HAH. Lame. We went to different schools so we would only see eachother during school functions. I remember in grade 7 being excited that we would all finally be joining eachother in highschool the next year.

Sure enough Megan and I became quite good friends. On Halloween I introduced her to Zach, who oddly enough I had a major crush on since about grade 5. I was over it when I introduced them and told her she should meet him cause he was "cute" and that maybe they could date.

Sure enough we went out for Halloween and Zach asked Megan out. He was 15 at the time, she was 13. A few weeks went by and Megan figured she was going to break up with him. She informed me of what she was thinking and said "He's just so shy!" and I told her to stick it out for a little bit longer and to give him a chance.

Funny thing was she did, and nearly 9 years later they are FINALLY married. It is so crazy to look back and see how much of my life involves Megan and Zach. I spent a great deal of time with Meg and she is one of the only people I've known for this long that has stayed my friend throughout all of these years. Even after moving away we somehow managed to keep in touch, calling eachother every once in awhile.

When she asked me to be a part of her wedding I was elated. She is the sweetest thing in the world and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else on that day.

This post is long overdue and I apologize for the wait, I had to save and organize pictures so that I would be able to post them and until last night I just haven't had a chance to do so.

Congratulations Megan and Zach. I love you both so much and am so excited for the both of you to finally move into the next phase of your lives together. Next stop -- babies!

Oh and just so I don't forget... photo credit goes to Dario. :)


Meg the day before the wedding after getting her hair dyed.
THE CEREMONY:






















Presenting Mr and Mrs Zachary Rae!

WEDDING PARTY/BRIDE AND GROOM PICTURES:








(Little Miss Ella-Mae -- Zach and Megans niece)






THE RECEPTION AND EVENING SHOTS:

























Such a beautiful and simple wedding!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I always love the pictures from the back.

aliciafashionista said...

I love simplicity/laid back feeling of her wedding!
The pics are beautiful...as are you :)
xoxo

Marlee said...

So did I! Their wedding was very casual but very sweet. I mean her dad walked her down the aisle a short sleeved dress shirt and khaki shorts haha. It was so cute. Very summery-laid back vibe, it was great.