Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Stinky Feet

I promised a blog with pictures tonight so I'm keeping to my word.

Today has been a long day. Work went very well today. It was a little more enjoyable than yesterday -- I suppose because I was more at ease and had enough to do that I could just get straight to it and shut out the world. I enjoy being busy, it makes the day go by so much quicker.

During my lunch hour I went to brentwood mall and played with the kittens. Yes I am that lame. I don't know what to do with an hour long lunch break. I have NEVER had an hour for lunch (except for the occasional slacker graveyard shift but even then we'd usually max out at 45 minutes.)

Tomorrow they are going to try to get my computer set up for me with a work e-mail address. That way I can start keeping track of things. Eventually they'll start showing me how to archive and figure out all that shit. So things sound like it will get more and more interesting.

This weekend blew by. I enjoyed every minute of it since it was the countdown to normality. My surgery is in three weeks, that's pretty crazy!

Friday night Dario and I went to his Zio Marco's place to discuss our limited entries for this years hunting season. We went there again tonight to finalize everything and get their stuff mailed off. I am waiting for my dads, brothers, and brothers friends entries to get here so that I can fill out the rest of our information and mail them off as well. When you do group entries you have to mail them off together and my dad and I are going for a group draw, and my brother and Gary will enter for another group draw. Dario, his uncle, and his dad will be entering for their own group draw as well. HOPEFULLY one of the groups gets some tags so people can kill shit this year! Lord knows I totally blew last years tags.

Saturday Dario and I went for a drive. He noticed a little "beach" off a creek/river in North Van. We stopped by it and I instantly loved it.


I'm a total sucker for water on hot days. Anytime it's hot all I want to do is be near water so that I can swim. It sounds really strange and childish, but when you grow up with a lake you really do enjoy all that it offers. And I will NOT swim in Trout Lake, yughy.


The water is so clear. AND COLD! It was freezing actually but your body becomes numb and you don't feel it anymore.


Rocks have been piled up to sort of make "pools" so that you can just get on your little floaty mattress and not worry about going downstream. I love the current of it though, it feels so nice when you have water pushing you. Strange I know but again, I'm just weird like that.

Later that night we relaxed at Dario's place and watched some TV. There was a fly that I killed with the remote on the carpet. Dario picked it up and put it on the table. About 10/15ish minutes later I noticed it was moving again! WTF. So Dario squished it against the side of the glass table. You could hear the crunching/squishy noise so for sure we thought it was dead. Then when I got up to leave later the thing was moving again!!

We decided it deserved to live so he took it outside and as soon as he put it down an ant came along and tried to drag it away haha. Sucks for you fly.


Sunday was the much anticipated barbecue. I stole a couple of these pictures from Danielle.

We got there and it was insane. Krystal screwed her knee up rock climbing so she pulled a sympathy card with her crutches in order to save a spot for Chad and Danielle. It worked wonders!






Pooches all around! I finally was able to visit with Keira for once. I've been out to a few events that she's been at but we were always in awkward places to have a conversation so this was the first time really being able to meet her. She brought Jordy along too and he was the sweetest little thing! Melissa brought her dog Lola, and Tania brought George! It was great!



Andrea gets "Trooper of the Year" Award.


Asians.



Pat has disgusting toes. He took a picture -- Thanks Pat.




Cutest picture ever. I love this one of Andrea and Jordy.


Hey Ciavarro, put your bling away!


Alright George is the happiest dog ever and is so photogenic it's crazy. I love this picture of him and I! I wish I could steal him for a few days.



George and his REAL mommy.



Alright Pat looks like a total doucher in these pictures. (He couldn't sneeze.) I'm putting them up because he always manages to get pictures of me where I look like I'm picking my nose or other equally disgusting shots... then he posts them. So here Pat... just for you!



The barbecue was fun. The girls pretty much hung out on the blankets and the boys played their sports (Keira was brave enough to join while the rest of us were lazy.) **edit/correction -- Tania ALSO was brave enough to join the men with their throwing of balls!**

PS Keira makes the best guacamole I've ever tasted. And cookies. Totally puts anything I cook to shame.

Oh and about the ant problem -- I've killed so many today I'm exhausted. I got some raid and some other stuff and went on a mission. I sprayed all around the perimeter outside and on their trail inside so hopefully they won't be coming back anytime soon. SO FAR SO GOOD!

9 comments:

PatZ said...

IIIII have gross toes? I could have taken pictures of Chad's and made you want to go blind.

Marlee said...

Touche. But we all know how disgusting his toes are -- it's implied that he has the first and foremost ugliest toes.

Mainly your hairy toes look gross close up. No where near Chads, but still gross.

Stacey said...

Those are really great pictures of Pat!

Anonymous said...

I know who I'm calling to dog-sit next time I'm out of town ;)

Also, my ego tells me I have to mention that I did hit some volleyballs and threw/caught some footballs, too. :P

Smelly Danielly said...

My favorite part of this whole post...

"Asians"

Keira-Anne said...

Awww what a fun post... and what a fun Sunday! I had such a blast and it was great to finally get to hang out with you a bit. We definitely have to do this again sometime soon!

Keira-Anne said...

P.S. Feet are gross enough as they are... but that toe. Oh, that toe. I will shudder for days to come after seeing it.

Krista said...

Aw sweet pics, I wish I could go to a dog party but the family dog is a little too rambunctious for outsiders. And you guys are like too far :( MISS YOU!

Marlee said...

I'm sorry Tania!! I totally forgot you braved the men as well!

Danielle - hahaha there's something about calling asians "asians" that is so amusing every time!

Keira - be thankful it was pats hairy normal shaped toe instead of Chads hairy extra long alien pod toe! We will definitely do this again soon! It seems to happen every 3 to 4 weeks. Some nights we just get together to play bocce and have a few drinks too so if we do any of those we'll definitely let you know!

Krista -- move to BC already!! Can you imagine how much more awesome the blogger crew would be if you were here?!