The last few days have been quite busy. I haven't had time for much really.
Because of my major ant problem, I spent Monday night, Tuesday morning, and Tuesday night taking care of all of that. I am pleased to say that it only took 24 hours to kill them all. I used some stuff the landlord gave me, and raided the shit out of the ones inside my house, and outside. Then I sprayed raid all around the door perimeter, windows, around the base of the house. Since then I have not seen one of those bastards in my house at all.
Last night Dario and I went to our florists to pay a deposit and pick flowers. We went through a few books/magazines and I've finally come to a decision as to what we'll be doing. I've basically given up on the coral coloured things because as easy as it would seem to get things in that colour -- it's much harder than I expected... so now I've just sort of switched coral to any shade of pink.
The girls will have yellow bouquets of roses and calla lilies with some seeded eucalyptus for greenery. They'll be hand tied bouquets with a dark grey ribbon that's braided with a silvery ribbon. My bouquet will be white lush peonies, white roses, white freesia, and some seeded eucalyptus tied with white ribbon. Dario's boutonniere will be a white rose with the seeded eucalyptus and ribbon to match me... and the groomsmen will have the same but with a yellow rose instead and with the same ribbon as the girls.
The fathers boutonniere's are going to be white orchids, the mothers and my sister will have white orchid corsages with iridescent ribbon so it'll match whatever colours they all end up wearing.
The tables are going to be a whole concoction of stuff. I think we've concluded it will have one pink rose in the middle (either a dark pink or a light pink) and then a few pink gerbera daisy's around that (opposite pink from whatever the rose ends up being) ... with yellow spider mums, some kind of bushy type fern to fill it out a bit, some leaves that'll loop back to the vases, and possibly some berries as well.
The pew markers will be pretty much identical to the tables... aaaand the alter vases will be flowers in the same colours but whatevers cheapest basically.
I am so excited about the flowers now though for some strange reason. I guess it feels more like things are starting to come together. That and flowers are just so damn pretty.
I will never be one of those people that keeps details to themselves. I'm fine with keeping other peoples secrets, but when it comes to my own life I really don't hide a whole lot. I'm pretty much an open book.
Tonight I've spent my time relaxing and doing laundry. I finally caved and bought an iron and will have to test that out this weekend sometime. I've accumilated too many "hang to dry" articles of clothing however, I have laundry hanging all over the place right now. It's hanging from my closet doorknobs, the door knob itself, the top of the closet, the lamp, laid flat to dry on a coffee table, hanging off the back of my chair hah. It's frickin everywhere.
Week one of the new job is almost over and I'm starting to enjoy it. It's really busy there which I like since it passes the time quite quickly. I'm doing very well and have caught on extremely fast which is always a plus. I've got my office set up now and my computer. My e-mail account is set up and I have access to everything I need in terms of file information to help me out with organizing everything. It's very strange because when it comes to papers, books, files/folders etc I always have a very particular order in which I put things which makes me awesome at what I'm doing since it all entails organizing files. I'm learning how to use all the programs. I started using excel today and I haven't used it since highschool. I actually forgot that I'd taken a course on excel and word in grade 12 but because I haven't used it since I thought I'd be clueless, however after spending 5 minutes on it it all came flooding back to me.
Tomorrow is going to be another very busy day. As is Saturday. Sunday will be my freebie day of doing sweet-fuck-all.
Next weekend is camping, so that oughtta make for some good entertainment, drunkness, and awesome pictures.
It's 10:30 and I'm dead to the world. I just have to wait for my last load of laundry to go in the dryer and then I can go to bed.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
why the past tense with the title? she retired already? damn, and here I was saving money for a twirl.
and wedding planning... i can't believe i read it all (with actual interest)
Sounds lovely! I love, love, love white flowers - especially when there are a number of varieties bundled together. It's a very classy look...
Post a Comment