Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Things to do and people to see



I'm taking a time out from my 'starting off not so good' day.

My mom comes into town tonight at 9pm so I'm trying to tidy up the house a bit. I did laundry till about midnight last night and today I didn't have anything left except for bedding which is almost done.

I just broke my computer desk which was kind of amusing. I went to sit down and my foot was on the bottom shelf and I put wayyyy too much pressure on it and kind of got stuck and couldn't move my foot off the shelf before my body started to sit. Yes I am that stupid sometimes. But actually it looks like it will be more convenient without that shelf there. Now it's just carpet so it's kind of nice.



I'm a pasta eating machine right now. I've been eating pasta for like 3 frickin days. I'm almost sick of it now. I made dinner the other night and had tons of sauce so I've been using it up for once.

I drove Krystal to the airport last night around 9:30. She's in Toronto for the week. Hence why I am cleaning today and not any earlier. This way no messes are made before my mom gets here.

She sounds really excited and so am I. I've worried a bit that it will be a bit stressful while she's here but I don't think it will be. In fact I think it's what I need right now - a family visit. It will be nice for both of us because there's no back and forth between family's and trying to manage seeing everyone an equal amount. This way it's just her and me, and we'll get plenty of good visiting in!

The new hair colour... not much diff. from the old one!

Tomorrow is the first dress appointment. We probably won't do too much of shopping tomorrow cause there's lots going on. My friend Ashley from Fort now lives here and is doing a makeup program. She needed a model for tomorrow so I agreed I would go. So at 2 I have to meet her and then at 7 the other Ashley (new roommate) is coming over to meet the landlords and pay the damage deposit. After that though it will be shopping madness!

My mom leaves on Monday so hopefully in that time we will find something.

I'm so scatter brained today. I've got lots to do but really not that much? I'm trying to figure out this situation with a dress store and work it out between Danielle's, Alicia's, and mine and my moms schedules. I should have been paying more attention to this earlier but I just saw what the stores hours were and I'm kind of blown away. It closes at 5pm on a friday night... like what is that about?

On top of the cleaning and scheduling, I'm trying to figure out this EI situation and trying to apply for some jobs. However my computer doesn't want to open certain programs and it's driving me insane. I think this things lifetime is just about up, I should take it in to get reformatted in the next few weeks before it crashes and I lose all my shit.

All I have to do today is vacuum, sweep, and mop... wipe down the counters and sinks, clean the bathroom. My room is already clean so all it needs is the sheets back on the bed and my laundry put away... and I suppose now that I just smashed the crap out of this computer desk I need to put some shit back there. Nothing too major. It will take about an hour or two to do everything so not so bad. Then I'll have a shower and try to get back to this job search business. I have plenty to do about that situation.


Last night I was watching the season finale of "Paranormal State" ... it's some ghost show I watch because I'm lame like that and can't watch anything that is actually scary. This show scares me cause I'm a baby so it's about all I can handle.

Anyways... there was this guy on there that said he was being attacked by something that looked like a wolf figure. It would claw him and what not yadda yadda so he called in the paranormal state team to figure out what was going on. Eventually they decide to bring in a sketch artist to draw out what this guy describes. So he starts explaining this "dark force/animal" that he's seeing and the guy's drawing away and when he finishes I burst out laughing.

No jokes. It was manbearpig.


I couldn't help but laugh. That show is so ridiculous. I find it quite entertaining sometimes.

I haven't blogged about the weekend. I won't go into detail cause it's a little too late. So I'll brief it. Friday night Dario, Pat, Mark, and I played some jackpot and volleyball, threw a football around while having a few drinks in the park by Dario's place. Saturday we all got together for the first barbecue of the year, missing of course the Ciavarro family. We won't call it the "first official barbecue" until it includes the Ciavarro's since it is tradition!

Sunday was a really lazy day. We had church, then I went and bought a couple pairs of shorts and a couple tanktops and some damn sunglasses finally, then Dario and I headed over to Deer lake to sit in the sun for about an hour. It was quite hot out and I loved every minute of it. I even got a little bit of a sunburn W00T.

Yesterday was a decent day. It started to rain a bit but Dario and I drove around for awhile figuring maybe we'd find a backroad to go down but instead ended up at Cleveland Dam. Neither of us had been there and it turned out to be an awesome place. We weren't prepared for any sort of hiking so we want to go back when we are and do more of a tour. There were guys fishing in the river and what not, it was really cool. Nice easier hike for us girly pants. Although there is no denying that even a gentle slope gets me breathing heavier than a frickin banshee. That episode of the simpsons where Homer accidently ends up at fat camp and the guy says no one ever escapes because the only way out is a gentle uphill slope... yeah, I'm the fat kid that can't get out.

I didn't bring my camera but Dario took some pictures so you can check some of those out.

Now I'm going to go finish all the crap I have left to do!

2 comments:

Mike said...

i'm cereal here people!!!

Marlee said...

I'm sthuper sthuper cereal guys!