Monday, May 25, 2009

Shinanigans Recap

I have some time finally!

It has been an incredibly busy week. My mom is out for lunch right now with some people from their lumber supplier. Because the company my mom works for went bankrupt and a new company bought them out, she has all new people to meet. A co-worker of hers is here right now meeting with this company as well so they're all getting together for food.

That basically means I have a few free hours to myself.

My mom leaves Vancouver tonight at 6:10pm. I'll drop her off around 5ish. It's been so hectic and crazy all week that as much as I love my mom I'm looking forward to having my bed back to myself and time to relax and cook again!

We have eaten out every day this week (except for breakfasts - those we do at home) and the one time we did eat at home I ordered pizza. There has been no time for cooking.

Wedding dress shopping was a bunch of different experiences. It was fun but stressful. The dresses are all beautiful and it's hard to find the perfect one but I did manage to find it! We got an awesome deal on it and I'm very happy with the final choice. I tried on about 75 dresses at least I figure. In total we went to about 7 different bridal shops. In the end though it was totally worth it. The dress I picked is absolutely stunning, is totally unexpected, and I will admit -- a little over the top. But whatever, I can have a slightly over the top wedding dress since it wasn't an over the top cost. It was an awesome deal, I lucked out big time and I'm more than happy with my choice.

I AM DONE! with wedding dress shopping though WHOO. When we come home every night my mom still goes through all my wedding magazines and picks out ones she likes. I honestly don't even want to look at any of them anymore because I'm so sick of it. I told her to quit looking since we found the one we needed to and dresses don't matter anymore.

Anyways -- so... the bridal party colour scheme has changed yet again. Instead of the girls wearing either coral, yellow or green, (or all three) they're now going to wear a silvery/cement grey.

Danielle I'm sure is pleased cause she's a total grey-whore! haha. But no seriously we even found cute cute dresses for the girls to wear that looked amazing on both Danielle and Alicia. The colour works well with everything and so now we'll just do some yellow flowers with the grey dresses. IT'S FOOL PROOF! So now to try to find them somewhere at a better price or I'm going to look into having them made if it's cheaper. I'm sure I'll have a much easier time finding grey dresses than yellow, coral or green dresses!

Today I had a job interview. It went very well and the job would be perfect. It is literally a 5 minute drive away which would be so awesome. I will know by Wednesday if I get the job. If I am offered it I will take it for sure. I would do all the filing for a major real estate management company. There's plenty of room to grow, the pay starts off decently. It's monday to friday and there's benefits after 3 months. Stats are paid as well as if the stat is on a thursday they typically take both thursday and friday off to give you an extra long weekend AND pay you for it. So it sounds like a decent deal to me.

I had two other responses as well that I'm following up on right now (now that I finally have some time.) Since we've hardly even been at home or in a quiet place I haven't been able to sit down and call these people back so hopefully I haven't lost out on the opportunitys but I guess I'll see what happens.

One is for a receptionist position for an optometry clinic, and the other is for another receptionist job I BELIEVE for a tool company. (I still can't quite remember but I'll find out more when I talk to the guy again.)

PS wanna see me look like a whore? HAH. Here you go:


My friend Ashley is in makeup school right now and needed a model for her final exam. I agreed to it and this was her "smokey eye" final. Pretty but WAY too much for me. I felt like one of those slutty bar chicks that are plastered to the nines.

Not a fan of that lip colour either. I like more peachy tones and no lip liners - yugh on the lip liners!

Well I don't know what else to say. I haven't taken any pictures. My mom did so when she posts some I'll steal them off of her.

I have never shopped so much in my life. Literally all day every day -- and we probably will go again this afternoon before we drop her at the airport.

I did manage to find some amazingly cute tops at Old Navy (who woulda ever thunk it?? I hate that place normally) and one at the gap. I got some awesome deals so I suppose the shopping was worth it. I even found a cutesy plain green summer cotton spaghetti strap dress for like 15 bucks. I don't know when I'm going to wear it but it's a good beach dress I think.

PS my nose is mad stuffy/runny today -- allergies maybe? I was in a garden full of blooming flowers yesterday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

K:

1) Love that you went with grey ... I suffer from the same affliction Danielle does :P

2) I think the make-up actually looks great! It's fun to dress-up sometimes :)

Um ... 3) Sad you were previously engaged this weekend with Mom in town, but we should all have another girl get-together again soon ... or a hike ... or bbq ... or something.

Shaz said...

Ooo numbered lists! I want in too!

1. Yay for fancy dress!

2. Silver and yellow flowers sounds really cute, I expect a plethora of pictures of them

3. You know, the make up does look good on (minus the lipliner I hate that stuff too) I think you just needed a different colour top so you don't look so contrast-y.

4. My word verification is dazzler. Nothing to do with the post, but it needs mentioning.

Ophelia Mourne said...

You are so gorgey *hearts*

congrats on finding the dress!!

sorry I have been MIA. I will be back soon to catch up! xoxo