Monday, May 11, 2009

It's Just One Of Those Days

Friday was one of those weird days where your day starts off and nothing goes according to plan.

I don't usually have those. It's very rare at least.

Whenever I make an appointment I am there early. I give myself extra time in the slight chance that traffic is a bitch or I get lost.

So Friday I had my hair appointment. I look up the address on google and it says it's just before Nanaimo St on E. Broadway.

Well thanks to google being a LIAR... I discovered that it was in fact NOT just before Nanaimo and broadway...

I left at about 11:35 knowing full well I'd get there before 12. When I hit Nanaimo and hadn't seen it I turned around and circled the blocks a few times trying to find it. Finally at about 5 to 12 I had to call the salon to ask exactly where they were located. It turns out they're actually just past Arbutus in Kits and I had a ways to go yet.

I turned back around to start driving towards Kits. When I left the house my gas gauge was about halfway between the 1/4 tank mark and Empty. I knew my gas light would be on soon and it came on just as I was circling around Nanaimo St. but I figured it would make it until I got to the salon. However now that I knew the salon was all the way past Arbutus St. that I would probably have to fill up on my way back.

As I started driving though I realized I hadn't seen a gas station in quite some time and I was getting worried since I didn't know how much gas I really had left at this point. FINALLY I found one so I turned in to put in 20 bucks since I didn't have time to fill it up fully. It was a pain in the ass to get to the station since traffic was still rather busy and I had to cross three lanes to pull into it. Then to pull back out I had to do the same thing -- it was stupid. Of course I hit a couple streets down *Burrard* after stopping at the pain in the ass to get to station and there was a nice easy to get to gas station... ah well. I was back on my way to the salon.

I get there and I can't find anywhere to park. I'm driving around and around just trying to find a spot then finally I do. I had to parallel park on a hill... first time doing that cause I never parallel park anywhere unless I absolutely have to. I get the car parked without any troubles and get out.

It's pay parking and I realize I don't have any change on me so I pay by phone. I get to the corner and push the cross street button, and realize I left the gift certificate in the car. I walk back up to the car, grab it and FINALLY get to the salon.

I sit down and fill out some information and she gives me a tour of the salon. I put on my coat thing and sit down.

No jokes, just as I sit down, the fucking fire alarm goes off.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

I had to laugh. The lady must have thought I was crazy and finally I sighed and said 'It's just one of those days where NOTHING goes right.'

We ignored the fire alarm because apparently they do fire drills on Friday's, so we just kept at doing hair since I was already a half hour late. Thankfully there wasn't actually a fire. It was such an annoying morning.

I spent 3 hours at the salon having my hair highlighted. She's a very good colourist and knows her shit. By the end of the appointment she told me that once I start school I could come and work for her if I wanted. So I'll keep it in mind. It's a really small salon though and not very busy so I don't know if I would want to. I would rather work somewhere a little busier.

The whole weekend was a bit of an odd one. We had a funeral to go to on Saturday so plans sort of adjusted according to that. We were going to wash the cars but then the hockey game was on and stuff so the entire days plans were changed or moved.

Sunday was Mother's Day and as soon as lunch was over Dario opted to go play road hockey with a bunch of guys down at the park. Since I didn't have much for options I went with him and laid in the park and absorbed me some sun! I lucked out too since there was a little rottweiler puppy there so I went and played with him for a bit. He was so cute! It was boring as hell watching the guys play hockey. I did a crossword (as much as I could of one anyhow) and almost fell asleep on a bench. After all that Dario came over to my place and we ended up napping for two friggen hours. It was much needed.

I'm exhausted today since my back was bothering me a lot last night... aka I'm still all stoned up on muscle relaxants. I could sleep for hours right about now but I won't.

All in all a pretty uneventful but decent weekend. I have a couple phonecalls to make today but not too much else to do. Maybe I will find a small light dessert to make for dinner with the Ciavarro's tonight.

2 comments:

Mike said...

How funny would it have been to hear the fire alarm go off and some woman run through the salon with her hair on fire?

Marlee said...

Would have been quite hilarious so long as it wasn't me hahaha