I didn't know what to do so I went over to Deer Lake to maybe take a few pictures. I don't really like any of them. My picture taking skills are very sub par and it irritates me.

When I jumped in my car it said it was 22 degrees out, and my thermometer by the house said it was 18 in the shade. It was GORGEOUS outside. Today I've wasted up until this point sleeping. I forced myself out of bed at 11 because it is way too nice to sleep. For some weird reason I could not fall asleep at all until sometime around 5am. I don't know what was going on but it sucked. I tried to wake up at 10 but decided I needed just one more hour and reset my alarm. Now I'm up and still having trouble wanting to be awake. My phone is now ringing with a "1-888-111-1110" number which I'm refusing to answer. I think the last time I accidently answered that it was the bank trying to sell me visa insurance.
Today I am going to head over to Rachel's to visit with her and the kids for a bit. She was taking them somewhere this morning, I can't remember the name of it, and invited me to come along or if I wanted I could just head over after. I decided just to head over there after which was a good choice since I had no sleep. I'm going to eat breakfast/lunch in a few minutes here and then give her a call I suppose. It'll be nice to get out of the house for the afternoon.
My grandma sent me a letter yesterday about a bit of our family history. I will scan it and post it tomorrow perhaps. It is quite interesting. I had to laugh because I noticed she wrote it up on the typewriter. I didn't know people still used those things. I used to play around on hers when I was a kid and waste all of her paper. Either way it was really cool to learn more about my grandma and grandpa's families. The history was really quite interesting and is all so old school.
While I was at Deer Lake yesterday I noticed that there was a cemetary set up. I was a little confused because I'd never noticed it before and for some reason wasn't recognizing the area it was set up in. I normally don't walk to that particular area from the side I was on so maybe that had something to do with it. Turns out they must have been filming there or were going to soon. They had a casket set up with a bunch of tombstones and it looks pretty nice. It would make a really beautiful setting for a cemetary that's for sure.
I never take pictures of my ring for some reason. It's difficult and I have hairy fingers/arms. Of course the one time I do take pictures of my ring it had to be while I was driving. It sparkles so much in the sun <3. It's so pretty.
Too bad it's getting to be fat hand season.
Tomorrow night I am going to make gnocchi for the first time. I am also going to do a traditional Italian meat sauce for the first time. Normally I just make it the canadian way and it's never nearly as good. I'm going to make a huge pot and then freeze the rest. Hopefully it will turn out. As for the gnocchi, the recipe seems massive but I'm sure Dario will take care of that for me. Whatever's left over he can take for lunch the next day. I need one tool before I start and that is a potato ricer. In my opinion it is an oversized garlic press, but whatevs.
My mom has finally booked her flight and will be here for nearly a week in May. It works out perfectly because Krystal will be in Toronto at the same time so we won't be bugging her while we're in and out of the house all week. Krystal told me my mom could crash in her room if she wanted, but I have a sneaky suspicion my mom will sleep in my bed with me. Whenever I've slept at my moms and it's just me and her in the house she always asks me to crawl into bed with her, she doesn't like sleeping by herself. It's cute I guess, weird to some but that's my mom. She always gives me hugs and kisses, but when she kisses me she always kisses me on the lips. I'm still not used to that one and I don't know if I ever will be. It seems odd to kiss a parent on the lips and I don't know anyone elses parents that do that haha. Again though, that's just my mom.
Once she gets here the dress shopping will begin. I've started a list of bridal stores to check out and I'm sure we'll find something beautiful. I wasn't at all enthused about dress shopping when Dario and I first got engaged, mainly because it wasn't possible for me to go out and look at them or try them on. It seems pointless to look by yourself and not being able to try them on. SO I've just been waiting for my mom and now that there's a set date I'm very excited. I'll probably hate dress shopping by the end of it though. I hate trying things on time after time and not finding things I liked. Prom dress shopping was an effing nightmare. I was so bitchy by the time we were done.
Maybe this time will be more fun. I'm going to go have some lunch (breakfast for me) and get the hell outta the house!
1 comment:
damn you and your sunshine. the sky hasn't changed color in 3 days here. people are driving with their headlights on in the middle of the day.
Post a Comment