I might as well do a quick blog now before I start on dinner. *Already? It's 1 in the afternoon??* Yeah I get that. This sauce is best after simmering for about 3 hours so it is one hell of a time consuming dinner. I'm sure I will make a major mess all over the stove. I always do with anything meat sauce related.
Yesterday was an awesome day. I headed over to Denis and Rachel's place in the afternoon for a visit with Rach and the kids. We hung out with them in the back yard and visited while the kids played. I can't believe how big both of them are getting. Leah looks more and more like her dad every day, and Aiden doesn't look at all like a baby anymore. They're still the cutest kids I've ever seen!
I left at about 5 so that I could go to the store to pick up a few groceries and then I wanted to head to costco. I picked up a couple of things at safeway and then scooted on over to Costco. <3 My favourite place, I won't lie. I always find a million things in that store that I love.
I bought excessive amounts of cheese as per usual. My 5 most commonly purchased items at costco are:
-Cheese
-Meat
-Ciabatta buns
-Iced Tea
-Popcorn
Mmm. Unhealthy? Yeah whatever though. I bought 3 different kinds of cheese yesterday. One I can't remember the name of but it's really good. I got my usual extra large pack of gouda, and then I decided I would pick up that blue cheese stuff that Danielle always uses in salads. Of course while I picked that up I forgot to get the pine nuts I needed, so maybe I'll take a run back over there tomorrow. Danielle makes such good salads, and she finds a way to use blue cheese that I never knew existed. I used to hate blue cheese, but it's grown on me so I thought I would give it a shot. <3
I did buy my usual monthly supply of iced tea. Okay maybe it lasts two months, but definitely no longer. I drink a loooot of iced tea. I should try to cut back but it's just sooo good.
I could live in Costco. I really could. I feel like an old time mom for saying that, but oh well.
I just remembered that I was going to do a post on my family and where they came from etc. I won't have time to do it right this second but perhaps I will post again when dinner is cooking.
I am going to try to document my gnocchi experience with pictures. It should be an interesting time.
Now I still have to run to the store and pick up a bottle of wine so I better get on it.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment