I saved one piece and packed the rest for Dario to take in his lunch today.
There were lots of toppings. Probably too many. I had ham, prosciutto, bacon, and chicken for the meats... then green pepper, onions, mushrooms and olives for the rest. It was so damn tasty.
I made the dough and prepped all the toppings, while Dario released the Italian in him and threw the dough in the air like he was cool or something. Pfft... I tried to explain to him that JUST because he's Italian does not mean he can throw pizza dough... He proved me wrong.
So I screwed him over when he was trying to watch the pizza cook by turning the light off. Italian men don't know how to work stoves you see so it took him about 2 minutes to find the light switch. It was kind of sad but I refused to give in and show him where it was, it was more entertaining to see him push every button there was.
It was a good night. We relaxed and watched some tv and sort of discussed wedding budget and then called it a night. Well, he did anyhow. I ended up staying up till 3 in the morning with back pain and watching National Lampoons Van Wilder. That show disgusts me every single time, of course when I turned it on it was at the dog jerking off part and just yugh. That is probably the only show that has ever made me physically gag while watching.
Today I was extremely unproductive. Since I caved last night and took a cyclobenzaprine and naproxen, I was really groggy all day from the left over effects. It is incredible how much a little tiny house pill can mess you up. It works wonders on my back though which is always nice when I can't deal with it anymore.
I did manage to cut the rest of the writing part of the invitations into their proper size. Since I'm not quite tired I'll start the green tonight and maybe get it finished by tomorrow.
I ordered the outter envelopes today, since stupid me was not thinking about needing an inner envelope. I was going to skip that step to save a few bucks, but then realized that since we are being strict about who can and cannot bring guests we HAVE to have some sort of thing to address the people being invited so we don't get overloaded with people. The good thing I suppose about the way we are doing it is I'm not having the reply cards mailed back. I am going to ask people to call or e-mail me with their RSVP. It's a little new aged I know, and yeah reply cards would be nice as a keepsake, but it's just not worth the postage. The reason I say it's a good thing to do it this way is at least I have direct communication with the people so if people get carried away and keep RSVPing for 2 guests when the invitation was extended to only 1 person then I can tell them "I am sorry we do not have room in the hall etc etc."
Hopefully there won't be too many problems with that since our numbers need to be pretty strict. The smaller the better really.
I finally had my taxes done today as well. I owe the government 158.88 this year. Lame-ooo. 100 bucks to get my taxes done and another 160 on top of that. AAAWESOME. I love the government <3 ... not. In other good news I wrote my friend Jon an e-mail. I haven't seen him in 6 weeks and it sucks. The last time I was able to go see him was the night before his birthday. After that he had some complications with his white cell count and got an infection, and then he was back in for chemo again shortly after and visitors were restricted through that entire time. Just before he was released from the hospital I wrote Ellie to see if he'd be alright with me coming for a visit, but they had some out of town guests that would be there for a few days. Then Jon was released from the hospital until his next round of chemo and I didn't know how to get ahold of him. I kept trying to send messages through his family but it just didn't seem like he was getting them since I hadn't heard from anyone. I had wrote about once a week to find out how he was doing or how I could get ahold of him, but no replies. Finally last night I decided to just e-mail him. I knew that he would be starting his third round of chemo anytime, and it turns out he had just started the day I e-mailed him. It surprised me that he wrote back, I had no idea he was able to get on the internet especially while at the hospital. Things are going a lot better, he is still hating chemo obviously but it's day 2 of 5 so in a couple more days he'll be back out again. He has a new roommate at the hospital, apparently the guy gets to smoke medicinal pot so he's keeping things interesting for Jon. Once Jon is done this round he wants to get together for a beer or a few so if he's allowed to do so we'll get together to do exactly that. I'm amazed to see how well things are going with him. It was a very difficult time when the news was first out but it seems his prognosis is looking better and better each day. Things are shrinking up and the brain tumors are gone which is great news. He is definitely one hell of a fighter and I am so proud of him. Ever since this all began it's started to put things into more perspective for me. I won't lie that it terrifies me to know that this can happen to people at such a young age, because it never hits home until it happens to someone you know. You always hear about it, read about it, see it on tv, but you never think it can happen to you or anyone you know. It makes me realize that any problems I may have in my own life aren't much at all in comparison. That is not to say they aren't important, it's just to say that sometimes there are more important things out there. I may not be in the greatest situation right now, but things could be a lot worse than they are... so... I will count my blessings and remind myself to remember the bigger picture.

I miss the Northern lights. I would love to go to Alaska one day to see them in their fullest.
1 comment:
Chad did the same thing the first time we made pizza. He turned the light on in the oven and sat their and watched it! Hahaha so cute!
Post a Comment