Monday, February 9, 2009

My fish saw the canucks fish die and followed suit

On January 19th I mentioned in my post that my fish was going to die soon.

Well... I lied. It was not soon. In fact I finally came home to a dead fish today. He was alive this morning, so he died sometime during the day and was floating belly up when I got home.

I am amazed he took that long to die. He wouldn't eat, not a thing! Since January 19th! It's frickin February 9th! Thats 21 days. Exactly 3 weeks for that sucker to die.

I thought I would be sad. I wasn't though. It kinda made me feel a little gross though, he was looking pretty yucky. His gills were all big and hanging out from where they should be.

But man, 3 weeks without eating (plus a few days before that because he'd stopped eating already when I mentioned it in my post... clearly I had an overweight fish) and he kept swimming into everything. I had sworn he went blind because he would freak out at any noise or bump of the table and crash his face into the glass and rocks. Then he started turning really pale and losing all of his red colours. He had blue streaks in his fins and those turned to an ugly grey. He was seriously looking rough. So he finally bit the dust. Bout time. I was sick of the anticipation! Every morning I would wake up "Has he died yet?" ... Every night I would come home "Has he died yet?" Nope. FINALLY today when I figured he would still be alive, he died.

Farewell Pedro!

There is still one fish left in the house, The French Tickler. Krystal's fish. He's probably on his way out soon too, I've been feeding him but he hasn't been eating. I don't know if Krystal feeds him or not during the day, if she does it could explain why he's not eating when I feed him since he's stuffed, but I know she doesn't change his water so who knows how long he'll last. His waters been changed once in the last month and I changed it... Oh well though.

I'm debating on whether or not to get a new one. I don't know if I will. They just die anyways so really it's just like flushing $5.99 plus tax down the toilet. Literally. So I'm thinking, no. I like them, but you can't even have more than one fish in the bowl and it's boring watching one fish swim around all day by itself. Which is why I amused myself numerous times by putting a mirror in front of the fish, or even putting mine and krystals fish in the same tank to fight a few times. The French Tickler kicked the shit out of Pedro. Frenchie sucked off a big chunk of Pedro's fin haha. It was crazy!

Today I worked. It was a good day. I enjoyed being back at work. We got a sweet new pressure washer there. It's like the big ones at the car washes. I spent some time cleaning one of our old lathes so we can paint it and make it pretty to sell it... After that I was going to wash the work truck but we had a rush job so I got put onto that. It was just Dave, Denis and myself today (And my bosses of course) all the rest of the guys had the day off, they come back tomorrow, then we start working on some new jobs. It was Dave's first day back since October... He broke his leg and has been on compo until now.

I went to brentwood earlier to pick up some new carhartts and some laces for my boots, but ended up buying a new pair of work boots. They were on sale for 60 bucks... and they're GIRLS work boots. UGH. I don't know how I feel about them yet. My other ones aren't in HORRIBLE shape, but they're pretty rough, I'd probably need to buy new ones in a month anyways. One boot only has half it's laces... because the other half lit on fire. My old carhartts also had a huge hole in the leg, because again, I caught my leg on fire. So basically I needed new work gear. I got brown carhartts this time too, AND BROWN BOOTS. Fuck. I usually wear black carhartts and black iron workers boots (they have wicked grip and the sole is like that of a skate shoe, there's no heely part which I like) so this whole brown scene is going to be really gay I think. Oh well. Oddly enough brown carhartts are 74.99 and black carhartts are 94.99... Like what the shit? They're the SAME pieces/sizes of material, just different colours. Annoying.

I should start on dinner. I'm getting pretty hungry!

No comments: