Yesterday afternoon/evening turned out to be quite productive. And today for the most part has been a crappy day.
We now have 2 days left of class, and Friday really is only a "show up and get your marks" day ...
We are building a miniature set of stairs with mini handrail attached. It's quite cute but turning out to be a very easy project. At least I've found it the easiest one we've done so far. I hate working with formed plate because it's a real pain in the ass to make things fit properly, since it's never perfectly round and crap. Structural steel is nice because you have the material already made from the manufactures... none of this "take a piece of plate and turn it into a pipe" crap. However today I will say, even with dragging my ass I managed to get most of my part of the project done. I am doing the stairs, and my partner is doing the handrail. My teacher wouldn't let me finish it because then we would have nothing to do tomorrow, otherwise if we all wanted to be, we could have all been done today. Unfortunately we have to drag it out. But, the good news is my whole piece is perfectly square and level on every side. So good deal there!
Yesterday I spent some time brainstorming ideas for the wedding. I have figured out what I'm going to do for the bomboniere and I think it's a really cute idea and there will be no cheesy pictures of us attached, which makes me happy. I feel very uncomfortable with getting engagement photos, let alone having them plastered all over crap for 200+ guests. Nooo thank you. We have also booked an appointment with a photographer we like so we are going to meet with him on Sunday afternoon and hopefully book him! Then the two major biggies are out of the way.
Today has been a meh day. I went to the pub after class with a few of the guys, had a beer and left. I called my boss on the way home and asked how work was going and what was happening... as I suspected there is still absolutely no work. He said to call back on Friday because they should know by Friday if they got the job they bid on. If they do get it they'll be busier than shit for a couple months, but if not it's going to be dead dead dead and a little more dead on top of that. It kind of sucks because now I will have to figure out all my EI shit again until I find a new job (because like fuck I'm not getting paid until I find work, that's just crap) so whatever. We'll see what happens. I'm sure tonight when I go to sleep I'll have a million things on my mind and will have major trouble sleeping. I'm going to try not to worry about it until Friday when I know for sure. It's kind of scary and stressful knowing that basically on my last day of school, 2 days before I am supposed to be returning to work, I may find out that in fact I no longer have work to go back to and will have to find something different for the time being. 2 days to find a job isn't really a lot of time. And unfortunately I have bills to pay sooooo I have a slight suspicion I'll become a very anxious basket case for the next bit until I find something a little more secure. I may need two jobs so I can start putting money away for school. Time to start looking I suppose.
On a brighter note my florist is going to try out some things with tulips to see if she can make them hold up for the day and if she can we're going to use them in the bouquets along with some calla lilies and maybe some gerberas (for the girls). Which at least makes me a little bit happy today.
But basically... today was alright until I found out about all the work stuff, and now it's become quite shitty. Oh well I guess, that's life!!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment