Monday, February 2, 2009

I like the smell of rub A535

The weekend has come and gone, and it was quite a busy one. Busy enough to put me in an "I don't feel like studying" mood last night so I didn't. The test today was actually quite hard but really there wasn't anything you could study for. Except for weld symbols and abbreviations which I felt confident in anyways. We were allowed 4 hours to do the test. The earliest anyone finished was 2 hours. At 9am it is usually our coffee break, however I had a quick test to make up from a missed day last week. I finished both tests at about 20 after 9 and figured 'meh I won't bother going for coffee break since it's over in 10 minutes anyways' ... well turns out it wasn't. Oh no. Coffee break was from when you finished the test, until 11:30. So for some people they had 2 and a half hours to kill. When we came back to class a few of us stole the teachers news paper and worked on crossword puzzles and word searches. Finally our teacher handed out our shop project assignment and then told us to go home early. So today we were out at about 12:30 or something like that. You could almost call me a government employee at this point since we're doing pretty much nothing all day long!

Aldo and Meiyen's wedding was on Saturday. It was a gongshow of a morning. I did Michela's hair and made it to Dario's for about 20 after 11. The ceremony was at 12. Lots of time to get there. Dario was in the shower and finished getting ready at about 20 to 12... still coulda made it on time but we were pushing it. However Mauro walked up the stairs after that and he wasn't dressed, so I asked what the deal was and he had forgot what time the wedding was at. Since he had to shower and get ready, we waited for him and left at about 5 to 12. No one knew how to get to the church so we were calling my roommate to get her to check out google map for us blah blah blah and finally figured out where it was. But then we couldn't find it, so FINALLY at about 12:30 we pulled in. NO LIMO THERE! WHOO thank god. The bride was also a half hour late and pulled in just as we were walking into the church. We got the 'ooo you are SO lucky Meiyen is late!!' talk when we got there haha. I would just like to point out AGAIN that it was the boys faults we were late. :) Afterall, I did leave getting the directions to the church up to Dario. Sigh.

Oh well. The ceremony went on and Meiyen looked quite stunning. Very geisha like. Her bridesmaids were very elegant also but I wasn't in picture taking mood, perhaps because I don't know either of them that well, so I only took a couple. The few I did take didn't even turn out so whatever!

Leah looked so adorable though. She was loving the fact that she was a flower girl. She figured the whole day was about her and lets be serious, how could it not be? Look at that face and hair! She's pretty much the cutest little girl ever! She was standing up and waving to everyone and saying hi to everyone she knew haha. It was so cute.

The reception went well. It started at 5:30 but it took many hours to get through dinner. I think by the time people started being able to get out on the dance floor it was about 10:30 ... So we'll say 5 hours to get through dinner, the bride and grooms dance, a slideshow, and the father/bride/mother/groom dance. There was no cake since Meiyen is allergic to gluten so they skipped the cake. I will say though, the desserts they had were amazing. The boys got apple crumble, and the girls got this soft chocolatey truffle-like dessert smothered in whip cream and a strawberry. Mmmm. SO good. I don't even know what it was called.

All in all the wedding wasn't too bad. Very simple in tastes which I liked. Her colours were black, cream, and pink... which yes black sounds like an odd colour for a wedding but I have to say it looked very classy!

Sunday obviously was superbowl day. Dario and I vegged in the morning after I got to sleep in till 10:30 HAH.. yesssss. We managed to pick up a few groceries and came home to whip up the infamous fruit salad that Chad requested and made it to Danielle's parents just in time for the game to start. I won't lie... 2nd and 3rd quarter (for those of you who watched it will probably agree) ... complete shit and boring. I'm not a football fan by any means, but wow I coulda went for a nap for those two quarters. At least the 4th quarter was really exciting and the cardinals came back to make it a bit of a closer score! We ate so many chips it was disgusting, and then had dinner, followed by fruit salad and icecream, which was also accompanied by warm monkey bread. It was amazing. I was so full when I came home!

So that was pretty much that. Tonight I am making Thai cashew chicken. I bought everything I needed to make it two weeks ago, and ended up not making it and using all that crap in other foods. So I got the few things I needed and decided to make it tonight. Dario will be joining me which is always nice and then we'll get back onto finding a few more photographers to choose from in case the one we like and have picked out already isn't available. Also incase there's one out there that we like more for a better price! You just never know!

I really need to do a few loads of laundry tonight too. I'm so lazy again, I just had a nap and now I don't feel like moving!

I need to go get some blood tests done again soon too. In the next month basically. I also have to book another appointment with the specialist for sometime in March. They told me I had to phone them, that I couldn't book there in the office. How weird is that? Oh well whatever I guess.

4 comments:

aliciafashionista said...

Agreed on the football analysis! 4th quarter made up for it though! And Bruce sliding his crotch into the camera during the halftime show.

Marlee said...

HAHA the crotch slide! That was probably the most entertaining part of the whole thing

Anonymous said...

Ahh if only I could get Chad to eat yummi things like that. Damn him and his meat and potatoes!

Marlee said...

It pretty much turned out like my usual stirfry with cashews thrown in. It was still really good though. Dario liked it, he usually doesn't like fancier foods either so who knows, maybe Chad would eat it!