School is done for today. There is officially one week left.
Our teacher got bummed out today because we always leave early and he said we weren't allowed to leave until 12:30 today!! Which is crazy for a Friday because normally on Fridays he lets us out no later than 11. We went to the pub for beers as usual and split a pizza between us. All in all I spent 5 bucks (that includes tip) on a couple slices of pizza and a few glasses of beer. It wasn't my turn to buy the pitcher today! Gotta love those days.
We ended up going back to class at about noon. Our lunch is supposed to be over at 11:30 but the pizza took forever and was grossly undercooked. It was like soup on dough, no jokes.
We get back to the classroom and our teacher hadn't even been back yet. Then he walks in a few minutes later and tells us to go home if we want. What a waste of our time. We could have just left at 11!
We have one last test on Monday and that's basically it. We'll be in the shop after that working on our project, then we're done.
I found out today that one of the guys in my class is also engaged and getting married May long weekend of THIS year. He proposed just before he came to school he said. I had to ask if she was pregnant hahaha. He says she's not. After four weeks of hanging out and being in the same class this was the first time he'd ever even mentioned having a girlfriend, let alone a fiancé ... talk about dropping a bomb. Nobody knew! It was so outta no where.
The test today ended up being incredibly easy. Moe told us he was going to give us the hard question on the test so we all studied for it, and I was shitting my pants because I missed that lesson and had no idea what was going on. I spent about an hour or two last night just staring at the same question until I finally figured out where the numbers were coming from. I figured I finally had it and decided to go to sleep. I get there and he gives us the easiest question ever and tells us to do the math for it then build a model out of cardboard. I somehow screwed up on one piece, and even though it was a test we all ended up working together as per usual. On the piece I screwed up, since I had already cut it out I couldn't fix it without having to re-draw it all over again, I stole Mike's and traced it so I didn't have to redo it.
Poor matt screwed up 3 out of 4 pieces and ended up tracing some other peoples too haha. Everyone was tracing everyones it seemed. Or at least comparing pieces to make sure they were all the same size.
One of the guys in the class showed up today with two broken fingers (pinky and ring finger) and they were in splints and wrapped up with a tensor bandage up to his elbow. I asked him what he did and he said he punched a window at service canada because they were pissing him off...
Correct me if I'm wrong but if you're breaking your pinky and ring fingers when you punch something, you are clearly not punching properly because if you were ... then A) you probably wouldn't have broken any fingers... and B) if in the rare chance you punched the window hard enough to bust your hand then the window would have probably broken. But that's just my opinion.
I might spend about an hour this afternoon having a nap. I'm very behind on my sleep and wouldn't mind getting a little nap in before heading over to the Ciavarro's tonight.
It's going to be a busy weekend. A wedding tomorrow, (missing UFC tomorrow which is a major boourns because its George St. Pierre vs. B.J. Penn and the fight is going to be insane!!) and then superbowl Sunday of course. Church Sunday morning too I do believe. I'm sure the weekend will just fly by!
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment