It has been a very crazy weekend so far and I don't even know where to begin so I don't even know if I'll attempt right now. I definitely don't have the time or energy today for a full blown post with major details!
Friday night we went to Alicia's house for a small get-together/house warming party. The original big bash was canceled since her roommate had a very unexpected cornea transplant. So since he wasn't feeling well it had to be toned down. It was nice though. I was so tired that night, I can't even remember why but I had a hard time staying awake. I had been at school doing crazy amounts of math all day which always makes my brain sleepy, and then went out to the shop to visit with the guys from work for awhile which also could explain the tiredness... A few beers oughtta do that to ya! But yeah, I wish I would have been more social, but I was seriously just ready for a nap!
Saturday was, well, crazy day. Dinner, Movie, engagement? What what? Yeah I'll tell you all about that at some point. Most of you know the story already so I won't bore you again. But that was a pretty exciting thing. I couldn't get ahold of my mom until Sunday night, so unfortunately practically everyone knew before her, but nothing I can do about that since she was out of town. It was definitely a little strange though knowing that everyone else I know, knew before my own mom. But again, whatever, what can ya do.
Sunday was a day of pasta, wine, and crazy witches handing out presents. This is my 2nd time helping out at the befana and let me tell you, there is always a certain someone who drives me a little crazy because she doesn't know how to shutup and leave you be to do your thing, but whatever, that's a whole diff. story. Danielle def. knows who I'm talking about.
Monday was learn how to make gnocchi day. So after school I headed over to Dario's house where his mom was to teach me how to make some good eats. Which turned out to be a nice visit between her and I. After that Dario and I sat down with his parents and discussed a bit of wedding talk, and what they figure would be the best thing for us in terms of when to have the wedding. Of course it would be very exciting to get married this year, but it is a costly process so we really have to sit down and discuss some expenses and figure out when a realistic time for us to have the wedding is. Once we get doing some number crunching we can maybe pick out a venue and book a date. So it'll probably be a few weeks yet before all that is in place.
Today, today is I don't know what day yet. I'm waiting to hear back from Dario. We were going to get together with our future wedding party and watch the hockey game and just sort of officially invite them to be a part of our day whenever it happens, but we may have to reschedule since Dario's brother cannot make it tonight. So we'll see, either way I could really go for some food right about now. I've been so hungry all day for some reason.
I had such a hard time getting out of bed this morning and I was late for class, but I refused to let myself pay for parking today since I have 3 times now (its 3.50 each friggen day) and I don't need to spend that cash, so I decided I would be late for class and I would walk. I only ended up being 5 minutes late and I probably would have been that even if I drove just because I'd have to go stand in line to pay for parking then walk back into the building, not to mention park way the fuck away from the building I need to be in. So it made me realize how sensible this walking business actually is.
We had a test today, I think I did good on it. I was up late studying but also watching tv while I was at it... so not the best study method but it was a multiple choice test on a few basic things, all stuff from first year so whatever. Who cares. I really don't.
I FINALLY got ahold of the EI office too. Seriously, it's brutal trying to get ahold of them. Their caller volume is so high, that you don't even get put on hold until the next available operator can help you, oh no, their message just hangs up on you. Then finally I got lucky and got put in "sequence" as they call it, and spent literally 27 minutes and 8 seconds talking to those sons of bitches, and holding. And holding some more. Apparently I have to have two different claims because my last claim was for a work shortage so now they'll pay me money from the work shortage claim, and then now I am started on a new different apprenticeship claim. Apparently the questions are different, I donno WHATEVER. Just glad it's finally all sorted out so I can start getting paid again!
So all that is left to do now is cancel my gym membership, or start friggen using it. One of the two, I think cancel it cause theres a gym at BCIT I can use for free if I ever get off my ass, aaand I'm paying like 42 bucks a month for this gym and I haven't gone in who knows how many months.
After that, I just gotta mail out the rest of my john casablancas stuff and VOILA. Done.
Surprisingly, even though there's a lot happening, and then factoring in getting married, it doesn't seem like it's going to be too much busier than usual. I think the planning for it is going to go quite smoothly. By the looks of things we'll have a lot of time to plan stuff so I don't have to worry about time management so much. Which will make it very easy for us to work with. As much as I would love to get married this year, and for how disappointing it was knowing we might not, I am (surprisingly) starting to realize the benefits that will come to us through being patient and paying for things before the wedding so there's no after-wedding-debt lingering around.
I think I'm going to go make myself a sandwich.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think we have a lot of time to organize ourselves. The most important thing is booking the hall, but since you are doing it so far in advance it will be smooooth sailing!
Post a Comment