Thursday, January 29, 2009

Back to Basics






This is pretty much what my life has consisted of in the past few weeks.

Today in particular.

I have a test tomorrow and another one on Monday then that's basically it for school. One more shop project which we're working in partners for so Thursday is actually our last working day. Friday we come in to find out our grades but that's all we're there for. Pretty crazy how fast 5 weeks just went by!

Currently I'm taking a quick break from my homework. I'm a little stressed out about it actually. It'll probably be the test I do the worst on. Obviously I have assumed that before, but I've missed two days and both days that I missed were to do with the test tomorrow which kind of sucks. The question that is on the test is the example I missed and it's apparently the hardest one. And according to our teacher tomorrow's question will be harder than the one he gave us. Lame!

Can't wait till it's over actually.

I was at safeway earlier and they had 5 little tulips for 3.99 and they are the exact colors that I want to use in my bouquet for the wedding, so I bought them to use as inspiration. Inspiration for what you say? I don't know really, I don't have much I need inspiration for at this moment, but they are very pretty. Unfortunately my camera was dying before I could take a picture of those too, so maybe tomorrow.

Tomorrow night Dario and I are heading over to Danielle and Chads. Miss Alicia will also be joining us and us three girls will do a bunch of girly wedding crap for a bit while the boys watch their sports I'm assuming. I'm looking forward to it though, I need to get out of my house, I'm going stir crazy this week!

Saturday we have a wedding to go to so that will take up the entire day. Starting early also. Michela (Dario's santoli's daughter) asked if I would do her hair for the wedding so I said yes of course! I'm really looking forward to it!

Sunday is obviously the super bowl. I'm going to play housewife and just make food and pretend I'm interested in it. Really, all I care about is the commercials. I'm hoping that wherever we are watching it this year that it'll have the good commercials! I doubt it though. In which case I will resort back to making food, eating so much more than I need to, and again, pretending I care about football. I might even yell at the tv once or twice in excitement just to psych people out.

I have to go for blood tests next week. I don't really HAVE to but I figured I would. I'm still debating holding off on them since I just donated blood and one of the tests is to get a complete hematology profile. It will probably tell them my iron is lacking and they'll freak out so to save myself having to explain I may just wait.

Aside from that, next week so far is kind of free. Dario and I are working on finding a photographer and then all the biggies are booked/planned. In a few weeks we'll be starting our marriage prep courses as well so that'll keep us busy at least one night a week for awhile. I guess the next thing for me to do is keep an eye out for some cheap cardstock deals for invitations and start thinking of ideas. Lots to do but I am definitely way ahead of myself already. Colours are finalized so now all the fun stuff begins!

I finally ordered some new contacts, in the proper prescription this time. I am usually -1.25 in my left eye and -1.00 in my right... I was wearing -1.00 in both eyes because my eye doctor told me it wouldn't make any difference. She lied like a son of a bitch. She also recommended really crappy contacts that "last for three months." As I shopped online I discovered they're only weekly contacts so that would be why after a month of wearing them they'd start pissing my eyes off real bad. Yugh!

This time I went for the proper prescription and ordered the acuvue oasis contacts. I put them in tonight to try them out and they are significantly better than the pieces of shit I was wearing before. I was very aware that I was wearing contacts when I used the old ones... these ones I don't feel at all in my eyes which is nice. Also, I can actually see and they're not giving me a major headache like my other ones. Kind of nice! I think I'll stick to these ones now.

Anyways, back to homework for another 15 minutes and then I'm off to bed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats the marriage prep course?
Dave wears those type of contacts and he loves them. he thinks they are pretty much the best out there!

Marlee said...

Uhm... I don't really know what it is, I think it just teaches you about communication and blah blah blah. The typical crap of what it takes to make a marriage work. It is something that you have to do before you can be married if you're catholic. It's basically marriage counselling but before the marriage I think?

They're definitely MUCH better contacts, my other ones were complete shit.