Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 bitchessss

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Well, it's the first post of 2009 and I am a little curious to see what this year has in store for me. Like I said before, not really making any goals because I pretty much think it's pointless to base things on the assumption that everything will go according to plan. It never does as I've found.

2008 has been a rather interesting year. I don't think a lot has happened, but there were some great accomplishments made this year, (due to the help of Dario) and there were some minor/major inconveniences that definitely changed the course of some plans.

I went back to school for the first time since I graduated highschool in May of 2008. I spent 5 weeks at BCIT working towards my first year steel fab. I passed with an excellent mark, and immediately returned to work.

In August Dario's sister was married and we enjoyed a fabulous wedding. Soon after that, the Ciavarro's were wed and again, we enjoyed another awesome and very entertaining wedding.

Sometime before hunting season, Dario and I went and got our hunting/gun courses in order and decided upon a hunting trip with my family for Thanksgiving. We spent a week and a half up there and it just didn't seem like nearly enough time. I left exhausted, upset, and very very homesick. I decided to spend Christmas with my family this year, and in doing so Dario and I spent our first Christmas apart. I was only there a week, but while I was there without him it definitely made me realize where home really is now. I love my family, I miss them dearly, but I belong in Vancouver.

Amidst all of that, my car was officially paid off. Yay, finally back on the right track!!

Everything was going quite well but after returning from our hunting trip in October I worked for a few more weeks before I decided to take a lay off from work. Since then I have been at home resting and trying to feel better and have come to many conclusions of what is going on in my body. Clearly work exhausts me physically and my body is unable to handle the labor. I have noticed that I have not felt nearly as horrible as I was when I was working. I still feel pretty damn shitty at times, but it is definitely bettered itself a little from not over-lifting/working etc. I will finally see a specialist in less than 3 weeks and answers will hopefully soon follow!!

In November I decided to tag along with Danielle to donate blood. I really enjoyed the experience and it felt great to know that I was going to help save someones life some day. I have decided to continue donating so long as my body lets me! So Thanks to Danielle!! :)

Aside from all of that, Dario's and my relationship has continued to grow and just keeps getting better. I couldn't ask for a more compassionate, loving person, or for anyone smellier! But I love him just the same and can't wait to see what the years to come will be like.

It's been a very rocky year. It's had a lot of ups, and some downs, but overall has been very generous to me. I've grown great relationships with the people around me, and became a pretty good version of me. Compared to the disaster I was in 2007.

2009 will be a year of getting the rest of my shit together and setting myself on a permanent life path. I will finally see a doctor who knows what they're doing and will hopefully find some answers to my health. I'm optimistic and am sure that regardless of the outcome, I will make do with whatever hand I am dealt.

I will be registering for my hairdressing course in a matter of a week or two and once I complete the course (probably not until 2010) I will make a change in my career path and start doing something I should have done a long time ago. I've never been more excited. Until that all happens, I will still be doing my steel fab as long as I can. I am back in school in a couple of days to finish my 2nd year steel fab.

It doesn't seem like much is going to be happening yet, but this will be the year my life takes the biggest change it ever has. It's pretty exciting, but a little nerve wracking as well! I hope it works out, it should definitely be an interesting year!

No comments: