I'm looking forward to New Years. I don't think I have any major goals for the year... Obviously my main one is to save up as much money as possible, I want to pay for my schooling up front without taking out any loans so that's my goal. But aside from that, nothing special.
I'm not going to make any stupid 'I'm going to lose weight this year' goals, because lets face it, no one ever succeeds at those. We all say the same thing, and no one ever goes through with it, so, why kid myself? I won't work out, I know I won't. I'm too lazy to, I hate working out, it's the most boring thing ever.
My mom and I, however, did discuss how the Chinese are usually skinny, and came to the conclusion that it's probably because they eat with chopsticks.
Now you are probably laughing, but I have a theory here so hear me out. Canadians eat with forks. Thus making it very easy to take large bites, and more of them since the fork makes it easier to eat. They say it takes approximately 15-20 minutes for your stomach to sense that it is full. I don't know about you, but I can stuff a lot of food into me in that 15-20 minutes, MUCH more than is necessary. But, if you eat with chopsticks, how much food can you really stuff into yourself in that same amount of time?
Oh yes, you're intruiged now!!
If you eat with chopsticks, since I am super bad at using them, I know that I would eat a lot slower than I do when I use the fork. If you eat slower, your stomach can actually keep up with how much food your putting into it, and send up the 'quit eating bitch' signal up to your brain when you are pleasantly full. Where as if I'm eating with Mr. Fork, I've long surpassed the amount of food that "fills" my stomach, and have now over-eaten and feel like I'm going to puke because my stomach is stretched to the max.
So there's my theory. Eat with chopsticks, get skinny. Eat with fork, get fat.
So my mom and I concluded that instead of making the typical "I will lose weight this year/I will work out more this year etc etc" goal, we would make our goal "I will eat my food with chopsticks this year."
I highly doubt I'd be able to stick to it cause when I'm hungry I can't get enough food in my mouth fast enough, but I still feel the theory is relevant.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I LOVE eating with chopsticks. I do it whenever I can!
I should test out this theory as well. Considering that I didn't receive the skinny asian genes hahaha....damn!
haha Dario laughed in my face when I told him. So I laughed when he said he was going to work out more. We'll see who wins! haha
But if you are good with chopsticks couldn't you put too much food in your mouth when using them? who knows. I hate that weight is on my mind 24/7. Happy new Year lady!
I think I'll still eat less with chopsticks than I would with a fork haha. It's worth a shot, we'll see though, I'll probably fail miserably and go back to my faithful fork!
Post a Comment