Sunday, December 28, 2008

Lets play catch up...

Christmas morning pictures. I am obsessed with these little pine grossbeaks. They're just so pretty and bright!!



My mom has the most amazing bird feeder. I just love it. It's so cute for pictures and they get a ton of neat birds up there that we don't get down here. Or at least we don't see down here since it's all city. Definitely the grossbeaks are my fave though, they have evening grossbeaks too but they're bright yellow. I didn't get to see any this time, they always came when I wasn't out there! Dammit anyways.

A ginger bread house some woman made for my sister/little brother/stepmom/dad. It was one crazy homemade gingerbread house!

Italy came to FSJ apparently. I found this very amusing. I used to work at this restaurant, and it's just trashy. It over looks the lake and COULD be really nice if anyone were to ever paint the fucking walls, replace the 70's bar and carpet, and maybe redo the ceiling tiles. Add some new tables and chairs and voila, beautiful restaurant. But nope, never gonna happen. Instead I dined there with my friend Amber for lunch, came across random italian signs in a town full of indians, and saw a table full of indians eating their lunch with a heat dish next to them. Yes that's right, the heat dish from Costco that you all stand by when you're freezing your bag off during the 2 hour long costco expedition! Talk about class.

It's really good to be back in Vancouver finally, but I think I picked a perfect time to leave! The snow here is insane, way more than we had up in FSJ... and wet! I don't know which is better. The weather in FSJ was crazy, at one point it got down to -38... and when I left it was -2. Such a drastic change... but I think it beats the CRAP weather down here that ruined most peoples plans.


Luckily I flew out the day before shit hit the fan, and my flight was on time. However coming back it was a 2 hour delay, but not so bad. On Friday it was a white-out up north so Hannah and I took advantage and went sledding with her new sled! Like here, we did get snow, just not wet heavy crap. Ours practically blew off the roads. But we got about 8 inches by the end of the 4 hour snowing period. 6 of them in the first 2 hours.


I kept checking up on the internet all day yesterday and at one point it said I was flying out at 7:30pm. My original flight was supposed to leave at 4:50pm. Since it was only like 3:30 and my brother hadn't eaten we thought, what the hell, lets go have some dinner, then we'll go visit Gramma for a bit. WELL... We had dinner which was great. I tried mussels for the first time, WEIRD I know I can't believe it was the first time, but I rather enjoyed them. I paid for dinner since my brother drove me back from PG and drove me out to the airport etc etc, and we headed up to my gramma's. I had JUST checked my flight before we left my brothers place an hour prior and it said 7:30 departure... but I thought, ah what the hell lets check it again at Gramma's. I look at it... 5:36 departure. It was 4:30 already. So I was like 'okay so no visiting much with gramma sorry grams!' and bailed on the poor old woman. I cruised like a mad man up to the airport (15/20 minute drive-ish) and was worried that they might change it again or something. Then I get there at about 10 to 5 and she tells me 'oh yeah it's been delayed until 6:30 now.'

Total gayness. My phone was almost dead so it wasn't even like I could sit there and blab on the phone for awhile to kill time. There was no where you could buy a book there, so I had nothing to read so luckily it wasn't any longer of a wait than what it was. Finally at about 8:30 I was off the plane, had my luggage, and was in the truck with Dario! We missed UFC however so that was gay but ah well I guess.

We went back to his place and I unleashed a few of the really strange Christmas presents that I had been given to give to Dario. AKA a moose call that looks like a folded up umbrella, and sounds absolutely hilarious. And a few puzzles that my mom figures he should try to do. You know those metal ones? Yeah one of those and some other random crap.

It was a really crazy Christmas full of random crap. IE My grandfather wrote me a check for $51.64... Talk about a random amount. So I have to phone him still and thank him, and when I do so I will ask him what the deal is with the weirdo dollars. He did the same for my brother so who knows. He drives hookers around so the guy is a little bit strange. (I'm not even kidding about that either, he gives hookers rides all over PG, which means he's probably sleeping with them too, yugh. My grandpa is a whore. HAH.) He's on my moms side of the family.

My grandma on my dads side decided she would get everyone the same hat that my dad has... which goes back to hunting in October. My dad got this hat at the sporting goods store that's camo and has 5 LED lights on the brim that you can turn on and off. Super gay/hilarious, but he was the one laughing while we struggled with holding a flashlight and trying to do everything else at the same time. So whatevs. My gramma went out and bought Kyler, Hannah, Josh, myself, and Dario one. That's right, we're one happy matching fucking family!! On top of the hat she threw in some "italian olive oil" and "wine vinegar" and "balsamic vinegar" ... seriously where does she come up with this shit? haha, she always finds the craziest, most random gifts! Oh yeah, she bought my dad a bunch of rolls of quarters too. *He collects coins and I guess he wanted them, but really?*


The whole week was filled with random events. On Tuesday night I had a Christmas party to attend... my mom however had to work the next day so we left around midnight. So around the time everyone I knew was arriving, I was on my way out. But not a big deal because I actually enjoyed just hanging out with baby Reace all night. There were a lot of people with their kids there for the earlier portion of the night, and some of the kids were there still when I left so it was a noisy place. Reace is only 4 and a half months old, and is the most adorable baby ever. She is SO good. She stays up really late and never puts up a fuss. However Tuesday her mom decided to take her off the boob and put her onto a bottle so that she could have a bit more of a life... but Reace hated the bottle and was definitely lettin everyone know it. It was the cutest thing actually, she was just yelling, not crying, YELLING random baby crap haha. She was piiisssed. Eventually she took the bottle from my mom, and then from me later on. And then shit herself and it went all up her back and onto her clothes so I went and changed her and she crashed for the night. I haven't changed a diaper in probably 9 years, and I wasn't sure if I remembered what I was doing, but apparently it comes second nature to women or something cause she was done and in new clothes in minutes.


Like how cute is that? Awe. One day it will be my turn. But I'll wait till I'm a little older since those little bundles of joy are also life suckers!! haha.

Christmas Eve I went to dads during the day. And then to moms in the evening. We played sequence for a few hours and then finally drove back into town around 10 to sleep at dads house.



Yes rednecks put santa hats on their wall hangings. I happen to find it very amusing. Particularly the fish haha.


Some napkins at moms house.


Christmas Day was awesome. My brother wouldn't let me get any good pictures of him so as per usual, none of Josh. Or anyone else really for that matter, just Hannah mostly.



My stepmom and dad got me this blanket, I'm a blanket whore as previously mentioned. And yeah, I'm in love with it. Softest.Blanket.Ever.




This was so cute. My dog Kiwi has her own stocking. She got a dog blanket and some home-made organic dog treats. She was all up in her stocking like nobody's business haha. She knew what was goin on!

Anyways...

I am making banana bread right now for Dario. Then I am going to go over there and make him dinner and clean up their house since he shovelled out my car for me this morning. I still have to shovel out a parking spot for in front of my house and it's like... ugh it's going to be brutal. Not looking forward to it at all.

I'm making twice baked potatoes for dinner tonight, So yummy I can't wait. I'm going to put at least half a pack of bacon in them. It's the only way!!

I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays!!

2 comments:

Ophelia Mourne said...

aww its good to see youre back home and safe.
How nice you could spend so much time with your family, especially your dad!
I love the sober napkin haha so true

Marlee said...

it was really nice seeing my family, and I actually got to spend a lot of quality time with my little sister which was awesome!