Melissa has told me I need to update, and seeing the date of my last blog she is probably right. There's been a lot going on I suppose but not so much that it's major hectic life or anything.
Friday night a few of us got together at my place for some junk food and a few drinks along with most of us wearing very last minute costume ideas. Somehow every year I end up leaving things till the last minute and it's next to impossible to come up with something great. So this year I just put a couple gashes on my face and called er a day.
My camera taking abilities are seemingly non existent lately. I have hardly been taking any pictures at all and I don't really know why. I take a few but then I'm like, meh. However I have a rather entertaining video of Pat that I need to learn how to upload to youtube or something? I am trying to get it going right now but I clearly have no idea if it's actually going to work. So bare with me, if I get it going by the end of this post I will attach a link.
Everything is screwing around. I am uploading pictures and it's uploading them all backwards and shit. So I might just give up on any sort of organization and what you see is what you get haha. I'm not very computer savvy so this will have to do.
Saturday night was the banquet which turned out to be a success. I kept my drinking to a minimum and didn't even get slightly drunk. I didn't want a repeat of last year where I embarrassingly puked my guts out in the bathroom and had to leave unexpectedly due to being way too wasted. I've mastered the art of red wine. Actually I still haven't, I have just learned to not drink as much of it haha. I also learned that if I want to avoid getting drunk but still want that winey taste, I just put a little in a glass and fill the rest up with 7up. Works for me!
Before the banquet I went over and did Danielle's hair... because I'm crazy and am obsessed with being able to do peoples hair obvs. So since it didn't take nearly as long as I thought it was going to, I went to Dario's early and waited for him to get ready.
Sunday there was mass at 2 in the afternoon. Unfortunately for me the entire thing was in italian so it was a little difficult following along at all, and sadly enough it was a little boring since well, I'm not really able to pay attention seeing as how I don't know what's being said in the first place, but I guess that all comes with dating an italian. It didn't help that my usual translator was outside roasting some pigs so I sat with Chad and Danielle and waited for the end of the mass to near. It would have been a very nice mass I'm sure, it seemed really nice. And I'm also sure that the speeches were very nice as well, but yeah, I don't know. Sometimes I still feel very very out of place in those environments. They were recognizing volunteers and were calling everyone up to the front of the church, when they said my name it stuck out like a sore thumb haha. It was so embarrassing. When every other name ends in "a" or "o" and then all of a sudden you get this "marlee mcconnell" haha it sounds bruuuuuuutal in and amongst the rest!
But after all of that was over we went out to another place and had some pig, panino's and wine.
On another note, I went to the doctors today to get another blood test done. After I was done that I motored on over to costco and got myself a membership there. I figured it'd be a good idea seeing as how I spent 200 bucks on food there today but probably got two months worth of meat and obvs a few other extras in there too. I kept things pretty basic though, I seriously mostly bought meat. And a massive block of jalapeno havarti cheese haha. mmmmmmm SO good.
I'm trying to figure out the best way for me to grocery shop, I was trying on spending 60 bucks a week, but I found that when I had to buy things like razor blades or anything else toiletry, it knocked off what you could buy for food. When I think about it 240 bucks a month on food really isn't much at all, but I think if I shop in bulk like at costco, then it definitely carries a little further. So this is why I'm trying things this way. I'm hoping too that buy shopping this way I can even out what I'm spending in bills every two weeks. It seems like the end of the month paycheck always goes directly towards most of my bills, and then the first paycheck always ends up having a bunch of money left over after the bills are paid. So who knows, we'll see if this goes over well. I wanna get my shit figured out for the new year so I can set myself a financial goal, as opposed to setting myself a weight loss goal like usual haha. At least the financial situation I do a little better with.
The necklace I bought my mom for Christmas from the internet finally arrived and it is BEAUTIFUL! I want it. Like I am still actually debating giving it to her because I like it that much, but I know it was meant for her so I need to stop looking at it. I should wrap it so I can't touch it again haha.
It was my brother's birthday today and my friend Amber's as well. I phoned both of them earlier to wish them a happy birthday but my brother couldn't talk long seeing as how I disrupted him at work hah! Some people worked today unlike me. However I did get a little pissed off when I was finally going to go replace my shitty bankcard that hardly ever swipes only to find that the frickin bank was closed today. Not impressed. Oh well I'll save it for another day.
I've invited Dario over for dinner tomorrow night. I have no idea what I'm going to make yet but perhaps a roast. mmm roast. I haven't had that in foreeeeeeever. With some mashed potatoes because i frickin love mashed potatoes haha.
ps I've also given up on my dislike for eating baby animals and decided that at the banquet this year I would eat ALL of my veal and even some of the salmon. That's right, I was THAT hungry. The actual main course took sooooo long to get around to our table (we were at the back) so by the time it got there we were all starving.
Alright so far no juice on this friggen video so you guys may just have to wait awhile, but I promise if I ever figure out this thing called youtube then I will link it just for Pat. For now, I'm going to get ready for bed. Enjoy the very out of order pictures :P
3 comments:
Patz costume was so damn fuzzy and soft I wanted to take him home with me!
hey blogger has a video uploader thing. It's right beside the photo uploader icon when you are in edit mode for a post. It's really easy.
Thanks cutie :) See you thursday!
btw, the glass in the head thing creeped me out haha
Post a Comment