Saturday, November 29, 2008

I wanna watch the sky turn grey and blue

I hate when you're trying to do something, and you get it done, and then you turn around and everything you just finished doing, is ruined. Namely, cleaning.

I don't mind cleaning. In fact I sometimes enjoy it. I hate folding laundry, and I hate handwashing dishes, but aside from those two, there really isn't anything that bothers me. I enjoy cleaning bathrooms however, which is a little odd cause that's the dirtiest place, which is possibly why I enjoy cleaning up that grossness.

Either way, it's really annoying when you go and you clean up something and then it gets dirtied again. I have this weird thing where if I clean the sinks, I dry them afterwards, and as long as it's that same day, I try to keep the sinks dry. It's a little OCD but hey, whatever, that's my thing.

I'm not the biggest neat freak on the planet, I can go awhile without cleaning but then it comes down to that point where you just can't let it go another day. Such was the case yesterday. I did about half of the tasks I wanted to do, and then I ended up leaving the house.

Today I was going to finish cleaning the house in the morning, but decided it best to leave it for a day where I can just clean and there's no other plans until it's done. Right now my friend Marco and his girlfriend are in the city so I've been visiting with them. So tonight while I was laying around watching tv I decided I would make some cookies (it was 11pm.) So I whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies, which then makes me want to clean up the mess so I have some nice cookies baked in a clean kitchen. So I cleaned. Then I did a couple loads of laundry. And I tidied the bathroom I cleaned yesterday, and cleaned the sink again. (With two girls in the house using the same bathroom, the combination of makeup, hair product, and fallen out hair that ends up in the sink is surprisingly disgusting.)

Then my roommate came home, and was drunk as hell, and puked her guts out. Not a problem, I really don't care. But when I went to use the bathroom, there was puke on the wall, on the scale, all over the toilet, and on the floor. Not to mention on the roll of toilet paper itself. I have no idea how anyone gets puke all over the place, but I understand it happens and normally it's not a big deal. But I just fucking cleaned the bathroom. So I wiped up her puke, wiped down the sink, again, and let it be for the night.

Annoyed.

Like I said, normally, not a big deal. BUT I JUST CLEANED IT.

Maybe I'm just cranky because my ovary fuckin hurts, or maybe I'm just turning into some insane potential house wife, who knows, but I know I'm not the only person who gets irritated when things get messy after you spent hours cleaning.

Seriously; would love to rip my ovary out of my stupid body right about now.

9 comments:

Ophelia Mourne said...

ew, you have more patience then I could ever muster up.
Because I dont care how drunk and pukey I am, I would never leave my mess for someone else to clean. The only time I dont lose my shit is when its a child getting sick.

Did you go to that Doc appointment yet? I hope you are okay.

Marlee said...

I know that's how I am too. It doesn't matter how drunk I am, if I puke my guts out, I wipe up any mess there may be, that includes under the toilet seat cause I know the shit splashes! haha.

I haven't gone yet, I go in January so I've got a bit of a wait but I'm looking forward to getting in there

Anonymous said...

i have an ovary that gets sore too...and ovulating is more uncomfortable for me than my period. Specially the right side.

Im thatcrazy housewife now that goes insane when i just cleaned the kithcn, the sinks, the bathroom and somebody comes along and messes with the perfection i i spent a long time achieving. Im much more comfy in my home being really clean. a little ocd.

Melissa said...

Story time! The sickest i've ever been after drinking was after 2 drinks and a shot (perhaps drugged?) but it was the night that I passed out on the bathroom floor at my house and woke up in the middle of the night to find myself sleeping in my own puke. Not my proudest moment but regardless.. in my still drunken state I cleaned up the mess and then went up to my room to pass out again.

I would be JUST as frustrated as you if Matt did that. Personally I would have just waited and made his hungover ass clean it up ;)

As for your ovary... tell Dario you want to play doctor and after he gets all excited hand him a knife and say "no seriously". haha.

Melissa said...

(the knife was to remove your ovary btw... nothing crazy or perverted... just wanted to clear that up)

Marlee said...

That is weird Jas, it's my right ovary also. It drives me crazy and is extremely uncomfortable at times.

And melissa haha I got what you meant about the knife don't worry, I don't think you're crazy. But that's a rather interesting story haha. I ended up leaving my roomie a note telling her that I cleaned up her puke but next time I would appreciate it if she does that herself, she said in her drunken state she thought she had cleaned everything up and apologized.

It's not that it's that bad, really I think the only thing that irritated me was that I had just cleaned up in there haha. Had it not been for that and the fact that I had to use the toilet, I would have left it for the morning. :)

Anonymous said...

Cause Ive got a golden tickeeeeet....

aliciafashionista said...

I just cleaned the bathroom of the new house and if someone left their pukey mess in there right after I would have lost my mind!!!
Eeek I'm worried to have roomies!

Slash let's get together soon :)

Marlee said...

Roommates aren't too bad, but in a house full of that many people you guys should work out a cleaning schedule. My brother used to live in a house with I think 7 or 8 other people at one point, and they would have a dish schedule, and then they'd say "Tuesday so-and-so cleans the livingroom, Wednesday so-and-so cleans the bathroom, etc" and the dishes were done every day and they just rotated through the people. If you missed your day, you would have to catch up on the day you missed, and do everything from the current day.

It was the only way they could get everyone to help out without getting pissed off all the time.