Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm standing at gate 22

My computer screen is slowly becoming post-it-note free. It's about time haha. Now I only have information up there that I need to know, instead of 'plans with so-and-so on such and such day' etc. haha, It's looking quite lovely.

Oddly I am feeling really contradicted right now, because I want to share the stories of the last few days since it's been quite some time since I've blogged, but at the same time I don't really feel like blogging. It's odd, but I'm going with blogging just because I feel the page needs an update. And I am excited to share one thing haha.

So let's see what's been happening lately. On Wednesday I had an ultrasound appointment, and it went well. They didn't find any fibroids or cysts so now I will go back to the doctors and discuss the possibilities of endometriosis and begin on a journey of searching for some more answers. I was a little upset after the ultrasound because part of you just wants to find something so you can finally stop wondering what the hell is going on, but the logical side of me kicked in and said 'hey idiot it's a good thing.' So now I'm quite relaxed about the whole ordeal and I feel like a lot of stress is going away.

This weekend was basically birthday extravaganza! It was Melissa's birthday last week so we celebrated on Friday at Toby's on Commercial. It was a really great night and I'm so glad I went out. I didn't go to work thursday because I didn't feel well so I was worried that I'd still feel really crappy Friday, but I felt good when I woke up and surprisingly felt well all day so I was happy and went and bought a new birthday outfit and went out for some fun.

Alicia and I decided to have a date and go for dinner before we went to Toby's. I had so much fun at dinner! We were so busy talking about everything under the sun that neither of us took pictures. Which is a shame because I managed to spill a bit of my drink all over the place by talking too much with my hands haha, and as Alicia says... "That just happened." hahaha. It was really good though to get out with someone who I ended up having a ton in common with. So after a really yummy greek dinner and some crazy homeless woman asking us for smokes and our leftovers, we decided it was time to jet over to Melissa's birthday bash.

We joined everyone there and at first I was a little quiet because I didn't know anyone there aside from Alicia and Melissa. So it took me a bit to get into the swing of things but a drink or two later and I was out and about mingling.

We were going to have a competition to see which girl could get a lesbiens number first, since there was a whole friggen table full of them, like 15 easily haha, but they left much too early for any of us to be drunk enough to do so. Either way it was entertainment for awhile haha. We all picked out which girl we wanted hahahaha.

All of the pictures are on facebook and I'm lazy right now so I won't put any up today but perhaps another time haha.

I decided it was time to go, and I think that was around 12:30 or maybe even closer to one so luckily I had decided to leave when I did because I didn't even notice the time or think about when the skytrain stops running. And I have no idea what time it stops running at so I was a wee bit worried that I'd miss it once I realized it was almost 1. Apparently after a couple glasses of wine and a couple shots and a couple martinis, I manage to forget which direction I came from... because when I left I turned right and was walking in the opposite direction. Then all of a sudden my brain kicked in and was like 'hey douchebag you're walking the wrong way' haha and I turned around and made my way back to the skytrain. Luckily I'd only walked like a block up when I noticed nothing was familiar hahaha. Once I got on the skytrain and had time to think, I realized how sketchy that all was and how creepy commercial drive is at night, so luckily I made it home safe haha.

So that leads us to Saturday. I woke up feeling quite good actually, but I was lazy and wanted to lay in bed and watch movies. Since Dario was working I took advantage of this opportunity and watched movies till about noon. Finally I went to go shower but Krystal had beat me to it so I waited for her to be finished and had a shower and Dario came over. We decided to just have a lazy day which was so nice, so we rented Baby mama and Strange wilderness and munched on some popcorn! Baby mama I liked, but strange wilderness was meh, I didn't end up watching the whole thing. We called it a night relatively early since he was going hiking with Pat and Dean the next day.

Sunday night I stopped by Dario's for a bit of a visit, which was more like him watching football haha, and I was starving so I decided to leave and do my grocery shopping while I was at it. I was walking through the produce section when all of a sudden I saw this native guy waving at me. And then all of a sudden he says "Hiiii, do you remember me??" ... so I'm looking at him trying to figure out who this person may be, but the attempt failed and I admitted defeat and said 'No I'm sorry I don't remember you, what's your name?' ... thinking maybe a name will jog my memory. But no, his name was Sky and the only person I know named that is white with blonde hair haha so DEFINITELY not the Sky I know. I made my way over to the grapefruits and was loading a few into a bag when he came back over to me. I looked up and he says "So I'll see you next time then??" ... and I'm like 'uhm yeah okay maybe?" AND THEN HE RUBBED MY HAND.

I was like, WHAT THE SHIT?! DID THAT JUST HAPPEN?! haha I was SO creeped out. I immediately grabbed what I needed and got the fuck out of there and went home and washed my hands the second I got in the door! haha it was sooooo creepy. He talked really oddly though so I think he may have been handicapped or something but either way, it was FREAKYYYY.

After all that I went to bed and woke up and got ready for work. It was my birthday yesterday but I had kept it quiet since I like easy going birthday's and I'm not big on making a big deal out of my birthday haha. It's just not my thing. I went to work and Simon wished me a happy birthday since he's been creepin on my facebook, but he said it away from everyone else so no one else knew yet. Thank God. So I went on my merry way and then my boss Les showed up and yelled happy birthday across the yard to me. Again, no one heard and I was happy. I thanked him and continued on. Then coffee time came and Les of course asked everyone if they'd wished me a happy birthday hahahaha. I was shaking my head at him going 'no no they did not because I didn't tell anyone it was my birthday!' In the end it wasn't so bad. Les was very sweet and bought me a little piece of cake off of the gut wagon for lunch so I thought that was pretty nice.

All throughout the day I had a bunch of text messages and phonecalls, and finally came home to about 60 e-mails/facebook messages by the end of the night. I started replying to everyone individually but it just got hard because there were so many, so if I didn't reply to anyone I promise it's not because I'm not greatful, it's simply because there's such an over abundance of it that I felt redundant just saying the typical 'thanks' to everyone. ... Anywho Dario was making me dinner and so I told him what we needed from the store, but I ended up going and getting it because he was out buying me a birthday present (I didn't know this at the time I just thought he was just getting off work and was still driving home.) So I ran to the store and picked up a couple things and when I got home he was already here waiting for me. He had a present for me and I was kind of surprised since all I wanted was for him to make me dinner, but it was very cute anyways. We came inside and he asked if I wanted to have dinner first or open my present first, I said it didn't matter so he opted to open the gift. I opted to go pee first haha. I had to ask when he bought the gift because I know him and had a slight feeling he had probably just bought it maybe the day before or even a few hours before he showed up. It turned out that I was right and he had just bought it a few hours before but you'll understand why soon. So I laughed and sat down and opened my gift. HE BOUGHT ME A FISH!! :D I was SO excited! haha He has his own little tank and everything, and then he bought me a couple things to put inside his tank and the food and what not. It was the cutest thing ever because I've been trying to convince him that I need a fish, but he didn't agree haha. Maybe it was his way of figuring out what he could get me for my birthday who knows!

He's a very pretty little betta fish, I have decided to name him Pedro haha. It suits him, Dario suggested it and I like it. He's kind of reddy orange with a light pink tint on his tummy, but then his top fins are a really light blue. It's really neat looking. I'll take a picture of him soon and post it!

After that Dario made me chicken caesar salad for dinner and we had some icecream after that. :) It was a perfect way to spend a birthday. I hardly got dressed, in fact I was wearing a sports bra/work out shirt haha. The only reason I had jeans on was because I had to go to the store. But the face stayed make up free and the hair stayed wet because I really just wanted to relax. I decided that it was my favourite/best birthday yet. The fact that he bought me the fish I've been wanting for the last couple of weeks was so cute I just love it! And obvs he has to be forgiven for buying it last minute cause you can't exactly buy a fish a week in advance! haha.

Anyways, this is so friggen long, and apparently once I start blogging it puts me in the mood to write. But now I'm starving and I'm thinkin about pasta. Time to start cookin!

3 comments:

Smelly Danielly said...

Sorry I just read your first paragraph and I remember that gmail has a calendar option where you can write out all your events and stuff and it send you reminds. I should have told you this back a million years ago when you were looking for a calendar but its really simple to use and you can share it with people. Chad and I have one we share. If Dario had a gmail account you guys could set on up together. Anyways, I will now go back to reading the rest of the post.

Smelly Danielly said...

He got you a fish! That is so cute!!! You need to take pictures!!!

Naomi said...

ah i just read this post and realized you got the fishy for your birthday from Dario. That's so cute! :)