Oh my goooood I'm craving chocolate cake like nobody's business. So I just had a banana with some peanut butter and nahing... still craving chocolate cake. So I made a sandwich hoping that it will fill me up enough to stop me from thinking about food. GUH! But more than likely it's not gonna happen cause the sandwich is gone and I'm still thinking about friggen chocolate. Whatever.
I was very adulty today. I did all of my laundry, and finally cleaned out my closet a bit. I have way too many things that I've been keeping (a lot of them in guilt cause they were gifts from my mom) and I finally got sick of having it all somehow end back up in the laundry and getting washed over and over again. So. I got rid of it, some went in the garbage and some went to donations. I even went through my work clothes and chucked some of the really crappy ones that I never wear. It felt really good to finally clear out some shit outta this friggen cramped up room.
I mean don't get me wrong, the bedroom is a decent size, but overall when you're sharing a place with a person you can't store things where you would like to normally. I have two closets in my bedroom, which is a good thing cause I don't know where else I'd put any of this shit. I have one closet dedicated to boxes of pictures, a tv, a little cabinet that my tv sits on that has shit shoved in it too haha. My bear rug also lives in there, and my work clothes are stored in there. As for my other closet my good clothes and shoes are in there, along with my snowboard boots, a couple purses, books and school binders etc.... and even a jewellry box that belonged to my mom when she was quite young. Come to think of it, I've needed a jewellry box for a long time to put all of my necklaces in but since I'm picky and the one that belonged to my mama is old school and pretty tacky, I don't really want to use it but maybe I'll suck it up and bust it out. I don't really like the jewellry box I just like it for the memory sake of it. I used to always play with it when I was a kid and I remember winding it up every morning when my mom was getting ready for work to listen to the music. I just don't know where I'll put it?? I need a shelf in here. A shelf would be magnificent, but again, where the hell would I put that??
We don't have a storage closet in here either, so again, no extra crap can be hidden. Which really sucks. God I can't wait to have a friggen house one day. Or even a rented place for that matter that has a little bit more space in it. This place is driving me nuts!
Aside from all the laundry and organizing I did this morning, I also went on a mission to figure out how I can save myself some money. I discovered that I can now change my phone plan to the rogers MY10 plan because I'm technically enrolled at BCIT for the next 3 and a half years. PERFECT. So now I can add 5 more people that I call which is usually what makes my bills add up, and in the end only pay about 55 bucks a month. I'm only actually paying roughly 60 bucks a month when I'm not talking too much, but sometimes I call my gramma or my brother in which case those long distance calls add up pretty fast and the bills can get as high as 100 bucks a month. So I'm pretty excited about that!
While I was at it I booked an eye exam to get my prescription renewed. While I'm at it I will reap the benefits and get a few pairs of trial contacts, find out which ones I like best, and then I'm going to go to clearlycontacts.ca and order them online for way cheaper than you get them for in the eye doctors. So again, happy because I'm finding a deal. Not to mention I'm excited to wear contacts again I'm so friggen tired of glasses.
I also ordered and airmiles card because there's a million reasons to have one so why not?!
I used some of my visa reward points to order a future shop gift card to buy myself a new memory card for my camera which is again, basically something I get for free so that was cool.
So today I am quite happy with myself haha. It sounds so pathetic but I like feeling like I've accomplished something.
I decided to look into my medical plan through work to see what my extended medical includes. I think I am going to talk to my bosses about perhaps looking into our useless eye care coverage. They do not cover safety glasses (which lets face it, our company should if we need to wear them, it's not by personal choice that some of us have crappy eye sight) and they only cover 100 bucks for contacts, frames, and/or lenses every TWO YEARS. That is FUCK all for anyone who actually wears eye glasses. My lenses alone cost 125 bucks so get the eff outta here. What pisses me off is when I went through the list of stuff they cover, get this, they cover up to 200 dollars per year for STUMP SOCKS. Yes that's right, 200 bucks a year for someone to put fuckin socks on their amputated legs. Are you for real? 200 bucks a year for THAT but only 100 bucks every two years for something more common? Whatever. I think I should bring it up. It's worth a shot at least. People don't lose their limbs THAT often in our industry, fingers yes, but legs? Not nearly as common.
My phone for some reason isn't holding a charge so if it doesn't smarten up I guess I'll have to go in and get it checked out.
I am going to hang out with my friend Leaura tomorrow night which I'm super psyched about because I haven't seen her since like, December! So we're FINALLY getting together so it's about time. Perhaps after that if it's not super late I'll post some pictures from bowling Saturday night. You'll never guess who joined us... that's right YI-HONG! :O Scandalous I tell you. I think somethings goin on there that Pat isn't telling us. So Pat, you should tell us.
I think my chocolate cake craving has finally subsided.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
One word..skype. Available at skype.com. I use it to speak to my brother overseas and and basically for any call I can. The web site will have a more thorough description than attempting to type it all here. Nowadays I buy a 100 dollar card for 1000 minutes good for a year and use the cell only when I have to. If you really are looking to cut your costs,the math speaks for itself, it's a no-brainer. Best of all, skype is free.
Post a Comment