I can't remember which store it was, but they were having a major sale on Mitutoyo tools. The protractor/square set is usually about 270 bucks now a days, but it lasts for years upon years. Some of the guys at the shop have had their's for over 20 years now. So I have been admiring them but that is just way too much money to spend right now, especially since I am pretty new at this all. However since this store was having a major sale and what would normally be 270 bucks was on for 98 bucks, our boss was going to order them all for us and just take the cash off our paycheques... so I considered doing it, but Bob told me that he had actually just boughten me a set (it's not Mitutoyo but it's still a really good set) so now I have these new bad boys:
Ugh, side note, I am making chili for dinner and I just burned it so bad. I effing hate our stove. It's always soooo hot even when you put it on low. Whatevs I'm eating it anyways because there's no way I'm throwing a whole pot of food out.
PS: look who I found on blogger yesterday randomly while clicking 'next blog' ...
Talk about a small world. Of all the blogs to pop up!
I am eating my burnt chili and it's not the best, so I've smothered some bread with butter and am dipping it in to mask a bit of the taste hahaha. So unhealthy! I am going to cleanse my pallet afterwards with vanilla icecream as well. mmmm.
I have to look for some hair pictures for Tania for Sabrina's wedding. She gave me an idea but said she couldn't find a picture, so I'm going to take the explanation and see if I can find a picture that shows what she's trying to explain. So that we're on the same page at least haha.
In other news, the mill I used to work at that filed bankruptcy in September and shut down in October has now officially been bought and is hoping to reopen for September. That's nearly one whole year of being shut down and 300 people out of work. That's absolutely insane. Apparently right now the government is giving people up to 50,000 dollars if you are a forestry worker that's out a job and has a mortgage etc etc. as well as proof that this has basically been your profession for your entire life (aka people who've been working in forestry for 20+ years). That's pretty wild though. I hope it works out though with the new owners, the town could use the uplift.
See article here:
My tongue is burning. I am going to go and eat some icecream.
I felt like I had something interesting to blog about, but apparently not. I am however pretty sure that my upstairs landlord is hording my mail. I don't think either Krystal or I have gotten mail for a week now?? And there's no way that can be right, maybe I would not get mail for a week, but Krystal gets mail like every friggen day. There's no way there's no mail for us. It's hidden somewhere I tell you. Bunch of crazies.
No comments:
Post a Comment