Wow it's been awhile since I've blogged about anything. The weekend went really well, work Saturday but had an awesome BBQ afterwards with Dario, Chad, Danielle, Steve, and my roommate Krystal of course. I have pictures, but I will post them another time.
Aside from all that, nothing too exciting has happened. I'm a little irritated this afternoon. My mom phoned me while I was still at work and told me to call her back as soon as I left work before I got home. Which is always unusual since she always makes me get off the phone if I call her while I'm driving, but today was an exception I guess. She phoned to tell me that a family friend had passed away, and she wanted to tell me before I saw all of the stupid comments on facebook. When I actually saw them and realized what she meant I got a little irritated.
Everyone had started changing their facebook status' to: "My heart goes out to Tina and Bailey" "Thinking of the Gainor family." ... Like fuck off. Seriously, when did this become about you? Sure it's nice to express your condolences but does it have to be on your facebook status? I'm sure right now Tina is jumping on facebook to read everyones condolences while her 8 year old daughter who just lost her father is sitting beside her in anticipation to read what everyone has said.
Get the fuck out of here. I'm sure she knows that we all are thinking about them right now. I'm sure everyone is saying 'oh my god poor Bailey and Tina" ... the girl is 8 and her dad just died, that's a shitty situation, anyone and everyone is going to agree. But whatever happened to expressing our condolences in person if possible? Or by giving them a phonecall? Or sending them a card? Or in the absolute last case scenario if you have none of the above information, sending them a personal e-mail? If you have absolutely NO other contact information and you only have them on your facebook and want to express your condolences, send them a friggen private message, don't write it on their fucking wall, or change your status to 'thinking about you" ... Seriously. What is this world coming to when facebook status becomes our first instinct of how to express our emotions. Get a life.
I enjoy going on facebook and sending people messages, and yeah writing messages on peoples walls, but even if I write 'congratulations' or something on someones wall, I will still always say it in person again when given the chance or send them an actual email or phone them if the person means enough to me to do so. If you're ONLY expressing your emotions on facebook, it basically shows that you don't know them well enough to say it in person etc yet you take it upon yourself to change your status so the world knows and questions you 'why what happened to Bailey and Tina???"
We all like the gossip world of facebook, but why is it all of a sudden we base our lives around it? It's convenient if you want to send a mass message out to everyone to organize an event, or to get in touch with old friends and maybe strike up a relationship again with them and get together for a visit. But as for the rest, it's becoming just too out of hand.
But like I said. I'm sure Tina has logged onto facebook now because there isn't anything more important than that going on.
You know what pisses me off even more? People had changed their status' on facebook before Bailey even knew her father had passed away. Everyone had waited to tell Bailey because she was on the island visiting her dad at the time, and while he was at work a tree fell on him. They told Bailey that he was in the hospital because he was really really sick, until her own mom was able to get there to be able to tell her what really happened. Now imagine she was a few years older and the same situation happened, but she was at home waiting for her mom to show up before she could go to the hospital to 'see how dad is,' and she was randomly surfing through facebook and came across that shit? Wouldn't that be awesome.
Like think a bit about what you're doing people. I would fucking blow if I found out someone in my family had died by reading it on facebook. Why is it these friggen idiots feel it's necessary to take it upon themselves to write shit like that??
But whatever. I'm sure their hearts are in the right places, but their brains sure aren't. They need to give their fucking heads a shake.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment