It has been forever since I last blogged and it will likely be awhile yet before I do a proper update if I decide to do one. While I love blogging, due to some recent events in my hometown it is leaving me with a very unnerved feeling. You never really know people even if you think you do. That being said I've been quite nervous about how open my life is on the Internet. I see people playing four squares and checking in all over the world, but how creepy is it to know that the wrong person may know your exact whereabouts? Especially if that wrong person is someone you know and would have no reason otherwise not to trust them?
It may be illogical at this point to be a bit too cautious of things but I can't quite help the way I feel. I don't feel safe walking home, or standing next to strangers on the skytrain. For now I'm just going to continue to try to ignore the gut wrenching feelings I have and get back to normal. I was raised in a close-knit small town where you blindly trust everyone because why would anyone do anything to hurt eachother there when everyone is connected? Things like this happen all the time, but you never think you will know the person it involves. I think everyone back home is shaken up right now and I'm sure it will take a long time for the towns up there to get back to normal.
Until then, or perhaps forever, this will be my last post. Thanks for following along as I've met some great people through blogging.
Friday, December 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Can we still be Twitter friends?
For now I will be keeping Twitter but I'm also contemplating getting rid of that as well. I'll let you know if I decide to or not. :)
It is tragic Marlee. The inevitable will happen though, you cannot shell up away from the world. That is no life. Be strong, as I know that you are. Keep enriching mine and othe peoples lives with your open thoughts and opinions. Just to make it easier I will tell you straight up I am the wierd one who is stalking you. Those nights you fell asleep I kept strands of your hair. I sniff them and have since made a hair doll. It is beautiful. I have made the spine out of your toe nail clippings, which I also stole. Be safe and know that I am thinking of you. Cheers girl. Your budd.
Jon
Post a Comment