Thursday, September 23, 2010

Famous people, Trips to Paris, and Birthday Shinanigans!


Where oh where do I begin? Well, if you don't follow me on twitter or I'm not on your facebook, then I'm going to plaster my most recent news on my blog as well. It's pretty exciting I'm not going to lie.

Yesterday was my 23rd birthday and it was by far the best birthday I've ever had in my entire life! Last years birthday was one of the first birthdays I've had where I truly enjoyed every minute of it. But this years birthday? It kicked the shit out of last years birthday! (No offense mom cause yours and Wendy's surprise was amazing, but I think this takes the cake! haha)

So I'll start from the beginning.

I had to work yesterday from 10 till 7 so I got to work and had a pretty quiet morning in terms of my schedule. When we have free time we either clean, work on mannequins, or go marketing and hand out our cards. Bre and I decided that we'd go marketing so while we were out she got a phonecall to tell us that we had to come back because I had a walk in. So I went back to the salon to see this awesome looking dude with tattoos and a gnarly beard. His name was Jean Paul, so I shook his hand and grabbed a robe, and went and sat down to talk. I started the scalp massage and asked him if he had any plans for the day and he told me he had a concert that night. Me being completely oblivious asked "Oh what concert?" and he says to me "I'm the drummer for a band called Clutch, we're playing tonight at the PNE. :)" I was just like "fuck off." HAHA not even kidding I couldn't even remotely be smooth about it. I was like "Oh my god I saw you guys play in England like 4 years ago at Download festival!" and he's like "YOU WERE THERE?!" so we got to talking about that show and so on and so forth as I started to cut his hair. I even jokingly slipped in there "okay so in other words I better make this look good cause people see you... a lot, of people, see you." HAHA he laughed and was really rad. We gave him a nice tight fade, trimmed up his beard and moustache and he was on his way.

Being that it was my birthday I thought that was pretty cool as it was. It honestly made my whole day because well, I'm cutting someones hair who I've actually seen perform before and has been in this band for 20 friggen years! It's also a really cool thing to happen at such an early stage of my new career.

So shortly after that I was in the backroom and my manager Nicole called me from the other side of the back room. (We have two back rooms, and there is a big open window/hole thing that we talk back and forth between.) So I went around to her side and she was like "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" and had bought a delicious chocolate brownie cheesecakey goodness thing from Urban Fare for me. It was so sweet! I was like "awwee thank youuu!" and gave her a big hug. Right after that she says to me "Oh and I need you to write down your full name as it appears on your passport because YOU'RE COMING TO PARIS WITH ME!!"

I literally almost cried. I was so excited it was ridiculous! I gave her the biggest hug imaginable and was so incredibly stoked on life! I have this thing when I get really excited about something my voice gets all high and I get all red and almost play cutesy, it's weird. So basically I was doing that for like an hour afterward.

It wasn't planned that they were going to tell me on my birthday, it just so happened that they had just finished judging the commercials and people were calling my manager asking her for the name and info for who was going to Paris. It was perfect though that it just happened to be on my birthday that they told me!

Originally I wasn't going to do anything for my birthday. I wasn't even remotely feeling up to celebrating this year. I hadn't made any plans at all but after such a great day it was of course necessary to go out for drinks afterwards. We decided that somewhere with cheap drinks would be the best bet because we're all poor hairstylists and I wanted somewhere that wouldn't be too busy incase random people started showing up. I had no idea who would actually come out or what. I literally called people an hour before leaving saying "Hey, we're going to the Corner on Seymour and Davie if you wanna come out!" ... I stupidly left my cell phone at home too so I didn't even have peoples numbers so I didn't even care what was going to happen.

The lovely Erica and I! She's such a sweetheart.
I stole Ari's glasses for a few minutes. I look like a goober in them, but at the same time I am obsessed with them. They're pretty damn cute but they look a little better on her haha.
This picture makes me laugh everytime. Ari was mid story so I just had to take a picture. She's always so exaggerated when she talks, it's hilarious.
He wants to go to Paris as well now. The crazy thing is he totally would. He wants me to find out how much flights are and he wants to come at the same time I'm there. See what I mean? Spontaneous. Hence why I can't get the guy out of my head. I love when people are random like that. It makes things exciting. Dammit anyways.

Anyways, so as the night progressed we continued to get more and more drunk. And by more or more drunk I mean REALLY REALLY drunk. They had 2 dollar tequila shots on special, and mojito's were 2.99. Fuck my life was I trashed last night.

My bestie Lisa stopped in for a drink yay :)
Trying to get a picture of this girl is nearly impossible. She claims she's not photogenic, and she's not, but most days she's not too bad haha.
Still trying to get her picture but this is what happened... I find it a hilarious.
Then Erica and I decided to basically take pictures of ourselves all night.
I feel like I look SO much like my mom in this picture. Its actually weirding me out how much I see myself in her these days. I keep looking more and more like her every day! Thank God she ages well and is hot. I can only hope she blessed me with those genes!

There was one chick that was drunker than me.. And that was this chick. I don't remember her name, cause I was drunk obviously, but she was fuckin taaaaaanked. She wanted me to fix her hair, I forgot to give her a card though I think. haha she wouldn't have remembered the next day anyway!




I turned into a real gem after that skytrain ride. I for some reason got off at 29th avenue. I don't know if I passed out or what happened, but I got off at the TOTAL wrong stop. Who let me go home by myself anyways?! hahaha and where the FUCK was Erica at that point?! All I remember is sitting on a bench at 29th station, and throwing up all over the platform. Meanwhile someone was sitting right next to me. Yep, I was THAT girl last night. I'm not even ashamed of it. It was my birthday I could do whatever I wanted!

I vaguely remember the skytrain officer telling me to leave because there were no more trains coming. Which I remember knowing, but I just wasn't done throwing up yet haha. And silly me, because I do not have my phone right now, needed to get ahold of a cab because I was now stranded by myself, at 2 something in the morning on 29th ave. Luckily there was a pay phone there but I didn't know the number for a taxi. I tried looking on the phone itself for some reason but couldn't find it. So my genius drunk self decided that calling 411 would be a great idea.

The problem with calling 411 and being as drunk as I was, was that I was actually calling them to try to get a taxi. Not get the number for a taxi, I was actually trying to get a taxi from 411. I could barely even talk, I was completely slurring my words and 411 kept hanging up on me. So I kept profusely calling back, before finally they gave me the number for a taxi. I don't know how the hell I remembered it because God knows I didn't write it down, but somehow a few minutes later a taxi was there, I gave him my address, and I forget the entire drive home. I do remember getting home and throwing up in my garbage can though. Which I really would rather not remember.

Shockingly I'm not overly hungover today. Well, that's a lie, I'm pretty hungover but I've only puked once so far so we're on a roll. Although I have a feeling round two of todays puking will begin shortly. And I'll be honest, I still haven't even put clothes on. I've been walking around my house naked with a blanket. Even with my roommate home. Whatever. It's the day after my birthday, I can do whatever I want!

How long can you use that excuse for? It's probably only legit to use for the week of your birthday right? Balls.

So that was my birthday in a very large nutshell. I would say incredibly successful on all accounts!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marlee, you look so happy! Drunk, & happy! Rightfully so, congrats on Paris...can't wait to live vicariously...

Marlee said...

Thanks! :) I was most certainly drunk, and definitely very happy!

phx said...

Woo hoo congrats on Paris, I knew you'd get it!!! :D Okay, well maybe I was just hoping really really hard. :D

Marlee said...

Thanks Phx! haha your good vibes must have worked!