I am starting to get a little overwhelmed by the amount of shit that's been going on lately. My days are rarely spent doing what needs to be done or doing what I want to do. They're typically spent cleaning/tidying, running errands, and then squeezing in visits with friends that I can't squeeze in on other days because of my weird work schedule. It gets tricky trying to find time for people when you're not off work until 7 or 8 at night and you're up at 8 in the morning getting ready to leave. Take today for example, I am supposed to see 3 different people all at different times. One of which I've decided not to because I just simply don't have the time or energy.
I work long days, a lot of people don't realize that unfortunately. Wednesdays are the longest by far. Yesterday I was at the salon for 11 hours and almost had to stay another 2. Thankfully the extra 2 wasn't necessary. I typically work 9 hour days mostly.
I'm almost always tired after getting off work. Some days I am exceptionally exhausted, particularly if I have a very busy day. Sometimes I just want to freak out and be like, "No, I really DON'T feel like going for a fucking walk because I've been on my feet for the last 10 hours and have not sat down once, I haven't eaten anything since I woke up this morning, I've been socializing all day and all I want is to sit down, put my feet up, and not listen to anyone talk for at least an hour." I would feel absolutely horrible if I ever said that to anyone though. But seriously I have canceled plans a couple of times because I've felt like that. I did the other night actually, and then I got home just to find out that Kara (a girl I went to school with that lives in Fort St John) was in town with Tonya (another girl from school that lives in Sechelt) for one night only and so of course I just had to see them. Lets face it, I don't even get two days off in a row, let alone get enough time off to go visit them anytime soon. Then I stupidly missed the last skytrain and ended up busing it home and getting home sometime after 3 and had to wake up four hours later. I was done for.
I'm in desperate need of a pedicure but that's the last thing I need to spend money on right now. My feet could sure use the treatment though that's for sure. Maybe next month, its simply not in this months budget. I think it will be my birthday present to myself. Is it sad that for my birthday all I want is to be pampered? A good massage and pedicure would be amaaaaazing.
I need to see my chiropractor soon but yet again, it's about finding the time. He is going to be so mad at me when he sees what's been done to my back since my last visit. All the work he did to fix it is now completely undone and it's right back to where it was before. Whoops. Sorry Dr. Forest! Good thing he's cute cause I'll probably be spending a lot of time with him over the course of my life. He's a good doctor too but clearly my priority doctors are cute ones. ;)
The fundraiser is actually on one of my days off so that means next week is a 6 day work week. The day of the fundraiser is going to be insane. I believe my day starts at 8am because two of the girls I work with have asked if I would do their hair for them before the cut-a-thon so I agreed. I don't mind at all because I'm doing big sexy blowouts and they're the easiest thing to do and I absolutely love doing them. I love making girls feel pretty and on a day where we're all going to be half naked in lingerie I think feeling pretty is important. I'm getting my eyemakeup done by one of the other girls as well. So after all the getting ready/prepping for our day we start the cut-a-thon. I've decided to stop booking my last appointment at 2:15/2:30 because I will be helping with the set up at the other salon. The day isn't technically over till around 10 or 11 that night, and then I will be helping with cleaning up and getting the salon set back up so we can be back cutting hair the next day. AKA it's looking like an 8am-12am (or potentially later) day. 16 hours, holy balls. And then I work the next morning... It's going to be an amazing day though and will be well worth every ounce of energy being put into it.
After all that's over I need to start on some other projects. I still need to write a script, find people, and shoot a commercial due on September 8th.
Somewhere in there a friend is thinking of visiting for a week or so in late August or early September. Jon will also be down for a few days during the fundraiser. I'm also starting to plan a photoshoot for the fall with Alicia, and am hoping to have a few small photoshoots in between there as well. Likely I'll bring in a few girls to the salon on my days off, style them up and get them ready and do a shoot with Alicia after she gets off work or something. Gongshow right? Which reminds me, I'm looking for long and short haired models (guys included) so if you're interested, leave a comment.
I totally do this to myself. I know I'm crazy, I fully admit it. I definitely don't want people to be all sympathetic, I just want people to understand that I might not necessarily have a lot of free time and if they want to hang out then yes plans do have to be made quite far in advance right now. That being said I think I might just stick to things that are already in my calendar from now until mid September, and avoid committing to anything else that might come up. That would probably save me some of my sanity. *Eye twitch.*
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I 100% know how you feel; suddenly I have no time for anything but I don't seem to be accomplishing anything in the time I spend... doing whatever I'm doing?
No sympathy (as per your post) but I totally, totally relate.
Welcome to adulthood.
Aaahhhh, you would just fill your days up with stuff if you had more time. Least you are not sitting around doing nothing.
Wish you were here with me this weekend. It's a blue blazer.
Post a Comment