Monday, July 5, 2010

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.
-Thomas Paine



6 comments:

Plasmite said...

Hmm, that looks a bit familiar...

Stacey said...

Do you have an affection for quotes? I'm obsessed.

Marlee said...

haha you are right, it is familiar...

mom I do like quotes but I'm not overly obsessed. This one is one that Jon has tattooed on his back, and I really like it.

Plasmite said...

Yes, it is very well done as well. I like the lettering.

Alyson said...

I've never heard (read?) this one before; I like it.

Marlee said...

Glad you like it Alyson :) It's a good one for sure!