More often than not I love being in Vancouver, but whenever something happens in my family and I am stuck here I absolutely hate it.
My grandpa passed away last night and the only place I want to be right now is in PG with my mom. I know she knows I love her, but I just don't feel right being here right now. Ultimately it bums me out that my grandpa has passed away but I am old enough to understand the way life works. He lived a long and great life and although his death was quite unexpected it is better that it happened quickly as opposed to suffering.
It just really breaks my heart to know that my mom is hurting right now.
I love you with everything in me mama, I'll see you in a couple of days. My heart is with you today, everyday, and always; no matter what, no matter where, no matter when.
I'll miss you grandpa, even if you did do the most bizarre things I ever did see... like signing your cards with your first name... or driving that hooker around town to the places she needed to go... or the random way you would answer the phone, have a three word conversation, then hang up and carry on with your guests as if nothing had happened. I'm even going to miss running into you at zellers anytime I ever went there. I might even miss how you would constantly point out my weight gain and weight loss, and possibly even your racist jokes. You were a man of character for sure, but you always had a good heart and good intentions.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear Marlee, hope you and your family are doing okay. Have a safe trip back home! xox
xo
Some handle death harder than others, the ones who take it in stride need to be there when others can't. <3
Post a Comment