My computer is running great for the first time in years. Things work on it now that I forgot ever worked in the first place. Yes I'm a horrible computer owner.
Anyways, what this all means is that I can FINALLY get back to my internet life and do some blogging. I'm going to start with Sunday night since it needs to be documented somewhere incase I ever lose all of my pictures again.
Sunday was of course Valentines Day. I had a great day at school and it started off with cutting my TEACHERS hair. It was nerve wracking as hell but it was a very huge compliment seeing as how she trusted me enough to go at her with scissors. It turned out beautifully and I was really happy with it. She gave me a 10 too! Woohoo.
The rest of the day was pretty quiet but nice none the less. I am one of two single girls in my class, however other single girl (cough Lisa) happened to have a date that night, so that left me all alone on the single front. I was actually planning on having a quiet study night since we had a test the next day (and was quite looking forward to the quiet night at home) but that ended up changing. Kara and Tonya are both out-of-towners and they were husband-less and childless for the evening so they were going out for dinner. They invited me along. I figured dinner would be nice and then I could go home and study... boy was I wrong hah.
Since all of this Olympic stuff had started I hadn't quite had a chance to explore it yet even though I am right down in Gastown. I get to see a bit of whats happening there but still hadn't been downtown yet. We started off our night with a little shopping at Urban Outfitters and then headed down the street to Speakeasy for some drinks. We decided to have a couple drinks and some appies and then we were planning on going to Society's in Yaletown.
We ended up having our couple drinks at the bar but started making lots of friends and having way too much fun so when we left we all of a sudden realized that we didn't want to go to Society's anymore because apparently they're snobby bitches in that region. We decided to try to find some Olympic gear instead and for some reason ended up in Sears because there was no line and we thought they MIGHT have something we were looking for. Instead we ended up at the makeup counter touching up our makeup for a night out. Talk about ridiculous.
Kara happened to know the guy at the Estee Lauder counter because she buys stuff through him all the time via the phone. Small world. After our little makeup escapades we decided to head back to Tonya's truck so we could check to see how late she was allowed to park there until and to get changed. On the way there we were trying to get a cab that was seeming impossible but this really cute cop literally ran into traffic to stop a cab for us so that we could get back to the car. No jokes, he almost got run over.
By the time we got back to the parking lot Kara and I both really had to pee and being small town girls we decided to just pop a squat in the parkade. Her exact phrase was "You know when people walk in to parkades and go 'awe man it smells like pee in here! Who pees in a parkade?!' ... I PEE IN A PARKADE!" and pointed to herself hahaha. I nearly died laughing which really didn't help the pee situation. So we popped our squats and decided to have a race to see whos pee could make it down the hill first. I won. I'm not entirely proud of that fact, but it was entertaining none-the-less and sometimes it's fun to get a bit sloppy. It's been quite some time since I actually got sloppy but still funny drunk.
After peeing it led to this: ... I'm pretty sure this is self explanatory so I'm not sure this even requires a caption.
This picture however kills me, Tonya is just pissing herself laughing which makes the picture that much more hilarious.
After changing and going pee in the parkade we made our way back down to Granville where we ended up at the Roxy. The line wasn't all that bad (maybe 20 minute wait) and cover was 20 bucks. It was country night and it just seemed so fitting. I haven't had a country night in I don't know how long. It was like being back at the Caddy in PG except with less natives.
Things pretty much just continued on the sloppy route from there on.
This all ended up leading up to pretty much the coolest thing of my life. One of anyhow. I wouldn't be the first to admit that I was skeptical about this whole Olympic thing but ever since it's started I have become completely wrapped up in it. It is amazing being here and being a part of it all, but it became 10 billion times cooler when all of a sudden the mens Canadian curling team walked in and decided to hang out with us for a couple of hours! They came up and had a few drinks with us and then we asked where they were from and they ever so conveniently slipped in 'oh we're here for the olympics from such and such places, we're on the mens curling team."
I'd be lying if I said the words "fuck off" didn't come out of my mouth. I didn't believe them at first but they were quite right, it was a few of the men from the team, their coach, a tsn broadcaster, and a ctv broadcaster.
These guys were HUGE too. Their shoulders are at least two times the width of my body.
Tonya and I with John Morris.
John Morris on the left, little old me in the middle (little compared to them anyhow,) and Ben Hebert on the right.
I was quite shocked that they were even allowed to go out and drink but their coach said they didn't have to play until Tuesday morning so they were allowed to do whatever they wanted. I suppose it is just curling too, as my brother said "Pretty sure that game was invented by drunk people" haha.
They were the nicest guys and we all had a blast hanging out. We even went out dancing and did a bunch of shots. It was so much fun. Finally we decided it was time we should leave and we exchanged numbers with the coach but I doubt they'll be going out again now that they're full blown into their games. Either way it was a night to remember.
It was definitely the best Valentines Day I could have had. It wasn't the least bit depressing and I had the time of my life! Thanks Tonya and Kara for coercing me into coming out for "dinner." (Which never happened by the way.)
It's been an incredible week with all of this Olympic stuff going on. I know everyone's probably getting sick of reading about it because we're all seeing the same things but I still have to blog about it because I want it recorded so I can one day look back on it and remember how exciting it all was.
Tonight I went and watched the hockey game downtown and then FINALLY went to see the torch/cauldron. Jeremy has a security pass so he took my camera inside the gate and got a few great shots for me. Thanks Jeremy! (Not that you read this anyways...)





This guy also has the sweetest idea ever. He's got it made I swear, he dresses up like batman and leaves a money bin in front of him, people PAY him to take their picture with him and he looks like the most badass mother fucker ever. Seriously why didn't I think of this??
Funny story though, if you can notice the bunny ears behind Batman, he was NOT impressed. This girl came and ruined the picture and he totally bitched her out, it was hilarious. She goes "OH MY GOD BATMAN JUST SWORE AT ME!!" ... then he came and shook Jeremy's hand and apologized for the "rude broad" and goes "I know she's a girl, but I really wanted to drop her for that." HAHAHA. Ohhh Batman, you are one classy son of a bitch.
Also wtf is this?? A yeti or the Abominable Snowman?? There were two girls dressed up like this.
3 comments:
Nice photos of the torch, wish I was with the curling dudes.
John Morris.... nice eyes! im all about eyes! lol
Im so jealous of all the awesome stuff going on that you guys get to experience over there at the moment!
Im so going to watch more of the curling now!
(or as we over here call it "Kettle throwing")
i am so jealous about you meeting up with the men's curling team. i absolutely love curling!! glad you had such a fun day!
Post a Comment