It's not often that I forget things even when I've been completely wasted the night before. I have an impeccable memory and can usually remember the most minute details.
However, I find this quite interesting that somehow on Sunday morning I did not recall giving anyone my number. I completely forgot about a conversation I had with someone that night and would not have remembered it had nothing triggered the memory.
So randomly I'm sitting here tonight, and I get a text message that says: "Hey it's Donovan. I met u @ Anns. If u still wanna shoot some guns let me know."
HAHA what the fuck. How did this happen? I actually remember the situation now but I had completely forgotten that I'd given him my number. I didn't give it to him out of wanting to hook up, that much I know. Somehow he brought up guns and the whole topic of killing things came up and then we got on the topic of skeet shooting etc etc and decided that it would be a good time to go and do that.
Because clearly the drunk redneck inside of me was coming out and nothing says having a good time like being drunk and playing with guns.
The problem now though is that I can remember the entire conversation now that the memory has been triggered, but I don't remember what he looks like. At all. I know that I have a picture of him somewhere in the billion photos taken that night but I met so many people that night that I can't match names to faces so I don't know who he is.
Talk about brutal.
Clearly when you are lacking sleep and have been at school all day and haven't eaten anything since lunch then it's prooobably NOT a good idea to drink a bottle of red wine.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wine hangovers are the worst.
haha that's so funny. i can relate...the older i get the more i seem to forget things when i drink. or maybe not so much forget but never even notice them in the first place.
Mike - So true. But a gin hangover is pretty good competition with the wine hangover.
Krista that is too true! What a sad realization for us! haha awe :(
Post a Comment