I cannot express to you how much I love Halloween. I love seeing people in their costumes. It amazes me sometimes how creative people really are.
This year I have struggled with ideas. I've had ten million different ideas and have been unable to settle on one. Normally I can't think of anything because I feel like it "won't be good enough." ... I always set way too high of expectations for myself and then fail miserably when it comes to this costume business.
This year I was able to celebrate Halloween at work. This is something I've never been able to do since all of my past jobs have been in fields where your costume would go up in flames in about 2.5 seconds, or possibly get caught in a conveyor and drag you to your wallowing death.
At the office I work at now we have an "events council" or something like that. Basically there's a few very creative people in our office that plan events. Today we had our Halloween Potluck. Everyone brought in some sort of dish. We had more food than we knew what to do with so we sat around in our costumes for about two hours while we ate, took pictures, and watched the original dracula in our new board room. Apparently our new projection screen gets put to good use. So far it's only been used for one presentation that I know of, but gets used daily at lunch where we can sit around and watch tv over our lunch break if we feel like it.
Anyways I'm getting off track.
There were some really great costumes. One too many witches as per usual (it amazes me that people still dress up like witches...) but there were a select few that were extremely creative.
This is Mary as a bee!
My boss Larry and his wife/common law/mother of his baby as R2D2 and Princess Leia (speling?) Sorry folks, not a star wars nerd. His R2D2 costume was quite well done though, it even had sound effects.
Klara and I. She's sailormoon if you can't guess that already. I however have to explain myself now because my costume became and epic fail today so I had to last minute bail on my costume dress and just wear a regular green dress of mine instead. I was SUPPOSED to be Mother Nature but it really doesn't look like I'm anything in particular... just some random with leaves and glitter on her face.
The people who dressed up... Please enlarge to see Miss Piggy on the far left because I didn't get a chance to get any other pictures of her and her costume was PERFECT.
The forms girls - Mel and Klara as Sailormars and Sailormoon... and Amber as the elf from I think Lord of the Rings. I don't remember the name though...
This costume was by far the funniest. Graham is the only man in the accounting department. He came in as "Grannies gone wild" ... I couldn't get a good picture of his saggy tits, but they were quite hilarious. He had a walkman on his side with the headphones around his neck... fake tattoos and nose rings.. it was just too funny. He kept beating people with his purse which made me just about piss myself everytime it happened.
Me and Raggedy Ann. Her name is in fact Ann.
I had to get a picture with the bee of course!
Someone brought in silly string. What a mess.
Milena and Melissa as Little Red Riding Hood and Hermoine.
And of course Juanita as a dead bride. Her and Mary (the bee) are two of the event planners. As you can tell they're quite creative and over the top when it comes to things like this. Her costume was quite well done.
And last but not least Boon dressed up as a gladiator.
Overall the whole day was a complete waste of time. No one got anything accomplished. Mary had music playing in the accounting department, everyone was running around laughing and taking pictures of everybody. It was extremely difficult working when you're so distracted by some of this stuff.
I love that I get to have two Halloweens though. It works well because I'm completely bailing on the Mother Nature costume now and will be doing something else for tomorrow. It should at the very least get a few laughs out of those who can recognize who I'm dressed up as. It should be entertaining.
Tonight I am going to relax and get into bed early. I'm completely exhausted today. This no sleep thing is catching up to me.
Sunday will be my day of rest and relaxation... combined with some laundry and stuff too of course (gag) ... I don't even feel like doing it but it's gotta be done.
School on Monday. I don't know what I'm feeling yet. I'm excited but at the same time it hasn't entirely hit me yet.
I'll leave you with my favourite story of today.
On Saturday when I was at the shop we were discussing good pubs and Shanks of course got brought into the discussion. My boss had never been so he said the next time him and Les had to go to the airport they'd stop there for lunch.
I got a text message today from him saying: "Me and Les are @ Shanks, er I mean the airport. Good call! the waitress is rockin double E's. Nice!"
I nearly pissed myself laughing. So I wrote him back saying "good luck making it back to the shop now." ... I expected that I'd get a text message 5 minutes later saying "Yeah that won't be happening" but instead I got the most hilarious text message in my life.
"The waitress smells like lube. Seriously. Not in a bad way though."
I almost died. I don't even know where someone comes up with shit like that, but it made my day 10 times better.
New Katatonia has leaked and the album is going to be awesome. "Departer." Amazing song.
3 comments:
The elf was Arwen and omg some of those costumes are freaking awesome!
Yup, much more creative than my nerd costume will be.
So creative! I'm not doing anything this halloween so no creative costume for me. I swear though next year i'll come up with something brilliant! (fyi I say this every year on November 1st)
Post a Comment