I'm at home today, resting.
I'm pmsing like a mother. This IUD takes time to adjust. They say usually a few weeks for you to be "cramp free" but what they mean by that is after you get it put in you have consistent painful cramps for a couple weeks straight. Those go away, but for the next few months around the time of your period your body is still trying to adjust to having this crazy foreign device in it. So I usually get a good day or two of mad cramping but then it goes away. Last night the cramps kept me up and all morning they've been pretty bad, but they're finally easing up thanks to extra strength advil.
The good news though is that things are getting better in that department. Slowly but surely. In a few months I may even be completely period-free. Wouldn't that be awesome? 5 years of no periods, friggen rights. I'd take it. I think I've paid my dues.
It's definitely proving to be worth the pain of getting the thing put in. Seriously, it's your worst gut wrenching period cramp, the kind that makes you throw up and cry... then times that by about 10. It's also been a bit of a pain in the ass because you have irregular "spotting" they call it for the first few months while your body adjusts. I'm hoping that will taper off because it's highly irritating. BUT if it helps, I'll take it. There's no other side effects yet other than that.
Other news.. hm. My cousin left this morning, she'll be back possibly on Sunday, possibly not till next weekend. I don't know. All I know is I'm really looking forward to relaxing this weekend. I'm so exhausted. We did a lot of shopping. I didn't spend too much money. I bought two pairs of shoes, and I bought this shirt dress thing that you can wear with tights. I don't know, it looked cute on in the store, hopefully it looks cute on when I actually go to wear it. I'm really trying hard to break out of my jeans and t-shirt mode. I have a new mentality while shopping, and that is "would I think this is cute if I saw someone else wearing it??" if the answer is yes, then I will try it on. It may or may not look good on me, and I'm willing to accept it when it doesn't, but normally I will pass by those "cute clothes" because I think "oh it would never look good on me." ... It's turning out that a lot of them look okay on me.
My brothers girlfriend was here on Wednesday so we met up with her downtown for dinner and some more shopping. She was very sweet. My brother told her to find a gift for me for my birthday, so she picked out this really cute (and GIANT) volcom purse. I'm in love with it but I have to get used to the size of the thing. I could probably fit about 4 pairs of shoes in there and still have room for my wallet and camera etc. It's enourmous. It's a fuscia colour too, really cute. I'll take a picture soon.
I also finally ordered myself a new phone. I went to discuss it once a few months ago but they told me I would have to pay at least 100 bucks to buy one, and I refused so I was holding out till I couldn't hold out anymore. I finally sucked it up and decided I would spend the money, but when I went back there and talked to someone else, it turns out I could phone rogers to "upgrade" my phone and I ended up getting the phone I would have bought for free. So it works out perfectly, it should arrive either today or Monday.
I'm pretty much set on the shopping thing for awhile now. I have a few things I would like to get yet but those will wait until I can afford it again. I am still teaching myself the value of saving. I've had some ideas floating through my head lately of what I might do a few years from now regarding my career and life so saving will be a necessity to make either of those work.
I guess I've been a bit of a day-dreamer lately. There's nothing that could possibly hold me back from focusing on those dreams now because I no longer have "the family dream" in the picture. It's a tough pill to swallow because I do want that life one day, but for now that's all it is, is "one day." There are no excuses for me anymore. I used to say hairdressing would always be a good back up plan and if I had kids I could stay home with them while cutting hair at home... and sure, one day I might still do that, BUT, that one day is not anytime soon. So why not take this all further than I had planned before?
It's scary because I don't know whether or not I will be successful with these ideas, but regardless I know that if I don't try I will never know, and that no matter what happens I can at least look back and say "meh, better luck next time!"
I won't go into details yet because for now it's all just "ideas" and until I make them goals then that's all they will be. I have a lot of researching and planning to do and once I get some of that done then I can have a more educated/realistic view on it all. Then I will divulge in some info.
It may or may not involve leaving the country for awhile, not permanently, just for awhile. That's all I'm going to say.
I know that in the end I'm sure I'm going to find something great in my life.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
leave the country... I hear Australia is a great place ;)
lol!!
I've always wondered about IUDs... I'm scared to put something like that in my body though. Birth control pills fuck up my emotions and I just can't function on them so I guess an IUD is my only other option. I'll have to look into them...
PS... Australia IS a great place... DO IT!
Tales from a barstool -- definitely look into it. I'm using "mirena" and it's a low dose progesterone, doesn't completely effect all of your hormones. Some women have a lot of side effects though, but some women don't at all. There's also the copper IUD that has no hormones at all and is strictly used for contraceptive purposes... it's downside though is that it makes your periods heavier.
Alicia, Australia would be nice!!
Post a Comment