Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Slave Labour Income

Well... everyone is complaining about this heat wave we have so I'm going to come out and say it... I would love it if I was near water.

I live in a basement suite which means that NORMALLY it's very cool down there even on hot days. That isn't the case anymore. I finally caved and decided I was going to go buy a fan, but walmart was entirely sold out. Apparently everyone had the same idea I did.

I mostly just want it for when I sleep. I can't stand being too hot when I sleep.

I'm tired today, because I was stupid and didn't go to bed till around 1am. I'm getting into that late night bad habit again. It's all because stupid "House" is on from 11 to midnight and if I start watching it I can't just shut it off mid-episode. No I have to watch the entire episode. Since I just started getting hooked on it too they're always episodes I haven't seen yet. I need to try to get to bed a bit earlier.

I was going to go to the fireworks tonight with my roommate, but I've cancelled that plan and will now be going for a drink with Sandra to bullshit for awhile. As long as it's not the mountain shadow I'll be perfectly happy, that place has gone down the shitter completely, not to mention it's 10 billion degrees too hot in there on a regular day, let alone days like we've been having.

I have no pictures as of lately. I will have to get out and take some.

My cousin Tabby is due to have her baby any day now. Her actual due date is August 3rd. She doesn't know what she's having (thank God cause I'm getting tired of everyone finding out the sex of their babies, where has the element of surprise gone these days??) so I'm just going to go out on a whim and say girl at 7lbs 9oz.

I'm probably way off, it's probably going to be a boy at 8lbs 2oz but I'm keeping my bets set on it being a girl.

I have no plans for this weekend yet. I suggested a last minute "lets grab a tent and hit up Hope" camping trip to Dario last night. I don't know if we will or not but we'll see. As it stands though, there's definitely not a whole fuck of a lot going on.

September long weekend I will be going over to the Island. I'm going to spend some time visiting with my friend Mason and his family. I haven't seen Mason in about a year and a half at least, and I haven't seen his family since they lived in Mackenzie and I lived in Fort... so about 3 years I think. I don't know what we're going to get up to yet but I don't care either, I'm just looking forward to the company.

I won't be able to get in any hunting this year. I really want to go to fort for the thanksgiving long weekend, but my financials won't have room for that so I won't be doing that I'm sure.

A few weeks after that I'll be starting my hairprogram. I need to go to make an appointment at the bank to discuss student loans and things like that. See if I'm even eligible for them, I might be totally screwed, I don't know yet. I gotta check out all my options. If I pay it all on the first day that's the cheapest, or I do have the option of breaking it into 3 seperate payments (one every 2 months) but that ends up costing more if you do that. So we'll see what I have to do.

I'm going to try to get it all figured out this week or next.

I still have to go back to that salon and talk to the manager. I'm going to try to do that today, and if I can't then I will have to do it tomorrow.

We'll see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I need something. If I end up doing "nothing" this weekend I will go on a job applying frenzy. I definitely need to find a way to bring in more income since this job doesn't pay nearly what I wish it did.

I guess I'll get started on todays work stuff. I've got a huge pile of crap to go through so that'll keep me occupied for the rest of the day I'm sure.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Wish you were here. I don't know if the lake has ever been this nice.

Naomi said...

yay for not finding out the gender! We aren't either