There have been a few major changes in the last month that Dario and I have decided to make and questions have started to arise.
Rumours are already starting to spread and I've already had quite a few people e-mail me and ask what's been going on so I thought I would just clear things up so people can stop asking already.
Also if I post something here then I save myself the hassle of having to answer a few less questions individually. There's nothing worse than having to explain the same thing over and over to a hundred different people.
Dario and I have decided we will be post-poning our wedding.
To answer one of the immediate questions, no we are NOT breaking up, we are simply holding off on the wedding until further notice. There are so many things coming up that are going to cost us a lot of money and we've decided that those particular things are what is most important right now and that the wedding will have to wait.
Mainly the point of this post is to save the awkward conversation of when someone says "Ooooh are you getting excited for your wedding?!" and I have to inform them "actually we've decided to post-pone it" and then they get all weird and are like "oh.. uhm, I'm sorry, how come?"
Also even though the wedding was still 10 months away there's apparently been a few people scoping out gifts for us already so hopefully this helps any weird situations like that as well.
So yes, that is the situation as it stands. No it's not a big deal at all, it's actually the best thing we can possibly do at this point. It's quite self explanitory so there's nothing more to say about it.
There. Now I've spared us all the awkward part. Moving on!
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
... so you excited about your wedding being postponed?!
Good one, whoever you are Mike.
hahaha ohhh Mikey. Just remember you're still an American. Which means in OUR country YOU suck. :)
if your happy, im happy... done!
Elope! Saves money and you are married!!! :P Best of both.
Honestly do what is best for you guys and if this is what's best than so be it!
I have to say, in my opinion, weddings are a waste of money.
The thousands, or tens of thousands that people waste on the party is silly to me.
What matters is the commitment, the love and dedication to stay together, not some ring, not some gown, not some party.
I think the decision is a good one, if you have other things that money is best spent on, why waste it on a frivolous celebration.
Post a Comment