Friday, July 31, 2009

A Night at Gossip

Well the weekend is almost here.

Dario and I had planned to have dinner together at my place tonight, while my roommate planned on getting drunk tonight and was having people come over to predrink around 8. I told her 9 worked better since knowing Dario that's probably around when he would plan on leaving but it also gave us time to just relax by ourselves.

She asked if I wanted to come out with them. They're headed down to Gossip tonight and since I've never been I thought, sure, why not. I don't want to say no again because I haven't gone out with her yet, and she's really sweet and we get along great so I do actually want to hang out with her and she's asked me a million times already... SO this time I said I would.

I don't really know what to expect. It should be kind of interesting. I'll be getting ready with the girls at my place tonight after Dario leaves and then heading out around 11 sometime. I jokingly asked Ashley "Do I have to dress like a skank?" ... As most people know, my supply of skanky clothing = zero.

She assured me she has plenty of things for me to wear so this should be interesting. I won't lie, I'm quite nervous about the whole ordeal. I know I'm going to have a blast but I told her whatever I wear HAS to be appropriate.

I think it's difficult because they are single and I'm not. Therefor meaning what I wear needs to be more appropriate than what they wear. Yes you want to look good when you go out, but no you don't need to dress like a whore to do so, especially when you are dating someone. I just find it really disrespectful. Not to mention if someone does hit on me I don't have Dario there to protect me incase they keep persisting.

I donno. I never go to clubs so this will be a first since the Mirage last year for Julianna's birthday. Dario also wasn't there for that either, however, I was with Chad and Danielle and we pretty much just kicked back in a booth and made fun of everyone all night.

I'm just worried because while I know how to hold my own in Fort and can tell people to fuck off without a problem... I'm not as comfortable doing that here because you never know who you're messing with.

In Fort it's usually a first name basis, and if for some reason someone is trying to pick me up and I DON'T know them, (very rare case) then I know if I tell them to fuck off and they try anything that the rest of the bar is behind me and ready to kick the shit out of the guy.

Where as here... if you tell someone to fuck off or if you threaten to punch someone in the face, you're probably going to get stabbed or something. SO I can't exactly do shit like that here. I have to "watch my mouth" so to speak.

Sigh. I just hope everything goes okay. This is definitely way out of my comfort zone.

4 comments:

Krista said...

I always feel the pressure when my single girlfriends want to go out for a night on the town I always feel under dressed for the occasion but when I do dress up I feel inappropriately dressed and then I get hit on by weirdies. Damned either way.

Don't worry though you'll look great and you'll have fun who cares just fight the dirtbags off!

Stacey said...

That pretty engagement ring should help a little bit.
I cannot remember the last time I went somewhere like that. Fun to people watch.

Anonymous said...

It won't be that bad ... maybe avoid being too 'fuck you' and just walk away? Avoid conflict, just move along. Generally, I've found, guys get the hint. It's not like you're going to some kind of sex den or anything ... it's just a club.

... and if you need a quick escape somewhere safe, you know I live nearby ... just send me a text and I'll be there to rescue you :P

Melissa said...

You'll have so much fun!

And you don't have to dress like a whore! I feel sexiest when I have the proper amount of cute clothes on. Anything too scandelous and I feel uncomfy whether i'm single or not!
You look great in anything :) Just have fun and enjoy your night love!