Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Girl Can Dream

Very blond. I haven't been fully blond like this since I was realllllllllly young. Like 5 years old young. Although, I am extremely happy with it. Finally the colours are starting to get evened up and the cut turned out great, it was exactly what I wanted!


I didn't get much cut off. She cut about an inch off the front to match it up a bit more with the back then threw in some layers around my face and a few elsewhere and TADA!

Damn graduated bobs are hard to grow out, especially since I had a pretty serious angle put in my hair. BUT, now the front pieces are only about 1/2 an inch to 3/4's of an inch longer than the back. Not bad. Next haircut that'll be gone!

The girl that cut my hair and the receptionist both told me to apply for a receptionist position there because apparently they're looking for one. Not sure for what hours but I told her I was only available after 5 Monday to Friday and on weekends. I was told to bring in a resume anyway. They also want to introduce me to the boss to let her know that I'll be going to JCI in November so that it betters my chances of getting the receptionist position, but also gets my foot in the door for when I'm done my program so that I can cut hair there.

It would be pretty cool since I want to work there when I first get out of school (if not sooner.) It's a beautiful salon, higher end. You start off hourly until you build up some clientele then you're on commission which is great when you've got some solid clients.

It would be extremely exciting if it happened and it would be an INCREDIBLE place to start. Not only would it be awesome on any resume but they also give you the chance to TEACH at JCI which is also awesome to have on a resume.

Who knows, maybe I'll luck out with this place and the timing will all be right.

I never talk about where I really want to take hairdressing. I've never said anything like "oh I want to open my own business blah blah blah."

Truth be told, I don't think I would open my own business. The main reason is because in a place like this the competition is extremely high and it would be very difficult to be successful. So I haven't thought about doing that at all.

I would love to work at Toni&Guy because their program is awesome, not to mention in my opinion it is the best salon in the city.

Their salons are world renoun and it's an awesome place for you to build a career. You are recognized for your efforts, you get to do a ton of hair shows and fashion shows etc. Your work goes on websites and in magazines. It would just be a BLAST to do something like that.

Ultimately though, if I could do anything with this hair program... I would love to do Jennifer Aniston's or Charlize Theron's hair. That would be my ultimate friggen dream.

Why you ask? Because those two women (again in my opinion) have the most noted hair in Hollywood. If you were to remove their face from every picture and survey people "who's hair is this?" I would bet a minimum of 90% of people would know exactly who's hair it was.

Their hair is iconic.

However I'd settle for anyone famous. :)

Am I crazy? Yep. Would it be awesome if it ever happened? Friggen rights.

10 comments:

Smelly Danielly said...

1) Hot friggin hair. I hate you.
2) OMG you totally have to drop off your resume there. What an amazing opportunity!!! YOU CAN NOT PASS THIS UP!!! very exciting!

Mike said...

... cut my hair.

Barbara Doduk said...

Hey Marlee, thanks for popping by. Love the hair, it is just like the style I had in the winter (expect not blonde :) Looks fab on you.

I have to say, even though you think not aspiring to own your own salon one day is the route to go, don't throw out the idea completely.

Starting out in a salon is a great learning experience, but keep in mind, the beauty industry is one that never ceases. Women always want nice hair. If you build up a good reputation you should be able have your clients follow you.

:)

Marlee said...

Hey Barb! Fancy seeing you here :)

I haven't entirely thrown out the idea by any means, but for now it's mostly just one of those things where if I am able to build up a good rep with great clientele that will follow me, then starting a business wouldn't be such a bad thing. But I would definitely be getting some great experience in at other salons first so I know exactly how I would want to run things :)


Mike -- You have no hair...oooooo just kidding. You still have some left :) and one day I just might cut it for you.

Danielle, I'm goin on Saturday morning to drop one off! I'm hoping something comes of it! <3

Stacey said...

There is no doubt in my mind that you will become the most sought after hair stylist in the city. You will need your own business because eventually your clientelle will take over someone else's salon.
Talent + personality = huge sucess!!! You'll see.

aliciafashionista said...

hotness marlee...love the hair!

And defs start somewhere else because my friend started at Toni&Guy in Vancouver almost immediately after she graduated and basically swept hair for a year :S
So built up a reputation and network so that when you do get to Toni&Guy you can actually start as a colourist or a stylist!!

Marlee said...

Awe mom <3

I for sure agree with you on that one Alicia! I wouldn't even consider applying without experience because it would be pointless. No one wants to go to school just to sweep a friggen floor afterwards. I would rather work in a lower end salon actually doing hair than sweeping the floor of a high end salon.

Ophelia Mourne said...

looks incredible as always

stef said...

luv the hair. seriously.

Marlee said...

Thank you for stopping by Stef! Hopefully I'll see you around here again, do you have a blog?