Well... I have a list of shit that I was going to do today and so far I've accomplished nothing.
I haven't been on the computer this morning for more than 10 minutes to quickly check a couple e-mails. I sat and stared at recipe books for about an hour or so getting pissed off at the fact that they only have about 5 pictures of items in the book. I really dislike cookbooks without pictures. When I decide what I am making I enjoy seeing a picture of the final product so I can decide whether or not it's worth my time.
I read over Rachel Ray's list of shit you should have in your kitchen at all times. About 90% of the items I do keep on hand at all times, the other 10% I don't use often enough to bother so I pick it up when I need it. I figure about 90% is a pretty good number. I have the basics.
I need to do a grocery run, and am debating going to costco but I don't think I need much from there right now, at least not anything in bulk form.
The weekend was a good weekend. My parents were in town on Friday and it was a very rushed visit with them but still a good one. We managed to get through the day in one piece and without getting lost. A good start to the day. We met with Dario's parents for dinner at the Keg, but first I showed my parents where I live and where Dario and I will be living (since it was on our way to the Keg anyways.) This is the first time they've ever come to Vancouver since I've lived here so it was really exciting to FINALLY show them a piece of my life. My parents want to get out of Fort but they said they could never live down here. It's too busy for them. I find Burnaby a very comfortable area to adjust to. It was definitely a big change but easier to get settled in than say downtown Van would be. I still have no desire to ever live downtown, it would be much too overwhelming for me. I like having the greenery of Burnaby surround me.
All in all, everything went really well Friday. Our parents got along well by starting off the evening with joking. Dario's mom blew me away by how open and comfortable she seemed, normally she is quite a shy person so I was very impressed with the fact that she was entirely herself!
My dad asked if we would drive them to the airport Saturday morning. They were originally just going to shuttle it from their hotel but my dad said he really wanted to spend as much time as he could with me while they were here. Dario and I picked them up at 7 and we stopped at a timmies quickly for a 45 minute visit and a bite to eat. Afterwards we dropped them off at the airport and headed home.
For some unknown reason I had been up since 2:30 in the morning, so around 9am I went down for a nap. My phone is usually very quiet, I don't get a lot of phonecalls or text messages but for some reason I was getting a couple calls and text messages every hour. I did manage to get about an hour of sleep in there which was good enough to get me through the rest of the day so we could watch the terrible hockey game with Danielle and Chad.
Just so everyones clear --- I hate Byfuglien. I want someone to hurt him so that he can't play anymore games in the playoffs. I won't even begin to express the discontent everyone had with the hockey game -- you can't win em all but it was a terrible game. We left early since no one was in the mood to keep watching. Dario dropped me off and went home to bed. I was up for a few more hours but finally went to bed around 11:30.
I don't remember the last time I slept through the night without waking up at least once. Like clockwork every morning at 3am (give or take 15 mintutes) I wake up. Every single night. I usually struggle falling back asleep and then the rest of my sleep is off and on. I don't know if it's just problems with my sleeping or if my bed sucks. Who knows. It could be a combination of both but I hope it comes to an end soon whatever the reason may be! Lately I've been waking up a minimum of 3 times each night.
I woke up at 8 on Sunday to find the shower was in use by Krystals boyfriend. I had to be at Dario's at quarter to 9 and I was annoyed at the fact that he was in the bathroom when I needed to be out of the house soon. By the time I was finally able to use the shower it was about quarter after 8 so I had half an hour to have a shower, put make up on, somewhat style hair, get dressed decently, and drive to Dario's. I was pissed to say the least and was instantly in a bad mood. I somehow made it to his place on time and to church on time so whatever I guess.
After church we went to the mall to finally get Dario some new clothes and also went on a small shoe hunt. We finally did find a pair of size 14 shoes and they didn't fit. I hate shoe shopping with him because his options are so limited. Usually he can't find his size, and if he does the shoes are ugly as fuck or they're all out of 14's. It's really frustrating so we usually don't end up searching for too long. After awhile you get sick of trying. He hasn't bought a new pair of casual shoes in 4 years now because he can't find any that he likes in his size. Is it THAT hard to find a pair? Fuck.
Aside from that, the clothes shopping went well, he got a few new items and I believe I've finally convinced him that he should buy a new shirt here and there so that he doesn't have to do this binge shopping where he needs all new everything. He tried to bribe me by asking if we could leave since he would buy more stuff in a month or two. I said fine cause we were both really sick of shopping by that point! I did however manage to find a pair of the black yoga pants I've been looking for. Dario approved so I went ahead and bought them. The girl working there found it hilarious -- if only she knew the obsession he has with black yoga pants.
Afterwards we ended up spending some time at his place doing some crosswords from a couple books we bought, then headed to my house for dinner and more casual hang out. It was a nice way to end spend a Sunday actually, even with the frustrating morning we had!
Now it's back to Monday where I really feel lazy today, although I will go to the gym tonight and mail the mothers their cards for M-Day. I thought the canucks were playing tonight but apparently thats tomorrow? Don't know whats up there but whatever. That works for me!
Sorry, no pictures again. One day.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh boohoo to the hockey!!!
go hawks go!
Post a Comment