Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lazy Bum

I am supposed to clean out my car this morning at Dario's place, but I still don't know how I feel about doing that just yet. I really should, cause it needs it. But maybe I'll wait until the weekend and Dario and I clean his truck and my car at the same time. It just seems easier for some reason.

I had a job interview last night. Oddly enough I applied for a nanny position. I figured what the hell, the pay is usually alright, I love kids, and it's not much different than being at home all day, except I'll be at someone elses home with two kids.

She had two daughters, one was 4 and one was 7, they were both adorable. It was about 8 when I got there so I talked to the mom a bit and then she wanted to see how her kids took to me so I went upstairs and read them each a bedtime story. Both of them seemed to really like me and so did the mom.

Overall it went really well, it's just a matter of whether or not our schedules will work. I was honest and told her I would be getting married in May so I would need time off for that of course, and I also told her I would be having surgery and would need a couple days of rest for that. Her biggest concern is that she is looking for someone long term so that it lasts at least until her 4 year old is in school full time, which I completely understand since it's difficult for kids to go through a billion babysitters/nanny's. They get attached to people and it's hard on them.

She has a few more interviews yet so I won't hear from her until probably next week sometime, but either way if it works out great, if not, no big deal.

The interview had a lot of questions. Some were unexpected, some were not. I was a bit nervous for it mainly because it's completely different than a job interview for a business. You are going into someones home not into their place of business, and the job you are being interviewed is to take care of two kids, which are the most important people to any parent. It's difficult because you can't fake your way through the interview like you might for a regular job. You can't put on a show you just have to be yourself and when you're nervous it feels harder to give off that good impression.

Easter weekend has come and gone. I haven't blogged about it, I don't have much to say about it really. It was a lot of church and a lot of chocolate and other good eats! It was a good weekend though.

Dario and I had our anniversary on the Monday, and thanks to West Vancouver noise bylaws he wasn't allowed to work that day, so we packed a lunch and went to Trout lake to follow the trend. We hadn't been there before and after seeing pictures from Danielle and Tania we decided to check it out. We both loved it since one end is an off leash park so there's TONS of dogs (you know how much Dario and I want a damn dog.) It was a beautiful day so we were there for a couple hours. I made steak for dinner, it was alright... I need a bbq, steak just isn't steak without being bbq'd. It was still decent enough though.

It was a laid back day but it was really nice. We seem to be pretty simple and easy to please people.

Today I had a whole list of shit planned. And now plans have completely changed. Originally I was going to get up at 8 this morning, maybe go to the gym and then wash the car, or vice versa. But last night for some reason Krystal and I sat up and were bullshitting for hours, and when we looked at the clock it was already quarter to 3 in the morning which was unreal. No wonder we were getting so tired. Finally we went to bed, so I was damn tired this morning. I still managed to drag my ass out of bed around 10 but I just don't really feel as motivated as I did yesterday.

After the gym/car wash I was going to spend some time with Rachel and the kids, but since my day is already screwed up we decided to move that to Friday possibly. And now the Mountain Shadow hockey night is starting a little earlier. So I have like, 3 and a half hours before I need to shower and get ready. (It's now 12:30.)

So instead of all of that I am going to go kill 2 hours at the gym. It probably won't work out to be 2 hours, but more so about an hour and a half but either way... it's productive and healthy. My cardio is in the worst shape it's ever been, my chest actually hurts when I do cardio hah. With all those damn heart problems in my family I suppose I should care about the shape my heart is in and the foods I put into my body. It's just so hard to get the motivation to do it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you two enjoyed Trout Lake! It's my local dog park - Georgie really likes going leash-free. Luckily there is another, although smaller, leash-free park near my new place. :)

PS - If you ever want to go for a hike (I'm talking a girl hike with lots of yakking, not like the crazy ones the guys go on), I'm your gal! Great for the cardio :)

Marlee said...

That sounds great actually... I bought a book with a list of easy hikes for us wussies so we can pick a day and a "hike" and giver shit! Some look a little harder than others but we can pick an easier one :) I'm horribly out of shape! haha

Dario said...

Hey hey hey, theres nothing crazy about our hikes. theyre challenging and rewarding. so NYAH!