Sunday, March 29, 2009

Moose Balls

It's late Sunday night and I'm stressing myself out with wedding budgets, invitations, tuition costs, and glorious other expenses. I don't really know why I do this to myself, but someone has to keep track of the costs of the wedding and what we will spend on what, and I hate that it's me cause money stresses me out more than anything else. Especially right now. I can't look at costs without getting pissed off or stressed out, unfortunately it's a huge part of life and everyone's gotta do it.

The reason I have to keep track is obviously because I'm doing majority of the planning. We all know that women plan weddings, men nod heads or shake heads, or say 'that's too fucking expensive, if you think I'm paying for that you're crazy' ... that is very close to Dario's role right now. I always ask his opinion on everything to see if he likes it, but when it comes to details, I think of the ideas, and he nods or shakes. He trusts that I am finding the best deals I can and cutting corners wherever I can which is nice so I kind of do my thing and then run it by him afterwards. There are things he is in charge of that are more manly, and he gets to be a part of the big things that should be decided by both of us of course, like photographers, dj's, transportation, yadda yadda.... but lets face the fact that he couldn't give two shits what kind of flowers we have or what colours everyone wears etc. He would be more interested in wearing a steak as a bouteniere than a flower, so those decisions are left to me.

Since those decisions are left to me, so is the budgeting. He will have the job of approving the final price after looking at a few options, and I have the job of looking through a million options and narrowing it down to the cheapest/best ones. Not so much fun really. I wish I could make a game out of it. Example - DJ 8 hour package = 2 reddish orange monopoly monies.

Or say it's a poorly played game of monopoly and you keep getting that damn "go to jail, go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars" card. Everytime you get that card and have to pay bail is for every damn deposit you put down for things.

Too bad monopoly novelty wears off after the first half hour of playing. 4 hours into it you usually want to shoot yourself cause you're sucking so bad and some asshole keeps taking all your money... Pretty much like planning a wedding. Some assholes keep takin' your money.

The actual planning part is fun, I just hate the money part. I really do. Everyone says weddings are stressful and not to let yourself get too worked up about things, but lets face reality here... it's not the booking things or picking meals or cakes or flowers or whatever that's stressful, it's what booking those things costs. Each individual thing might not be so bad, it just adds up extreeeeemely quickly.

LAME.

The biggest thing that's sneaking up right now is school of course. That starts in November so I have about 6 months to save and well, given the situation I'm in it's making it very difficult. I could go for winning the lottery right about now, but my McConnell luck runs dry every time so I'd only end up spending more than I'd ever win.

Dario wants me to make pizza tomorrow. I've never attempted to make pizza from scratch so it should prove interesting. I'm going to give it a shot and hope it turns out. I never make pizza ever, I just order it. It's way easier and probably costs the same. It just tastes so much better when it's home made mmmm.

I did a very shitty job of taking pictures this weekend but everyone else has like a million so I'll just steal a few here and there. I even brought my camera with me this weekend I just can't seem to get the feeling of WANTING to take pictures, it's the weirdest thing.

Anyways, tomorrow or the next day I will blog about Krista's visit!! Which I'll preface by saying she is awesome and it was so nice to meet her! Enjoy your trip home and hopefully we'll see you again soon! <3

And now for bed.

No comments: