Wednesday, February 18, 2009

You bought me an expensive bloody knuckles winning tool

Oh le sigh. I had made a rough draft for a wedding invitation... but Teresa and I both agreed that we don't like the brads showing through on the back side of the invitation. So now I have to think of my options to cover that up, except it will probably involve buying another piece of paper which almost defeats the purpose of having made the invitations this way because it was a way to cut costs dammit.

Oh well.

Dario's parents are expecting again... this was the joke his mom tried to lay on us. Dario was rather disturbed haha. I found it quite funny. Apparently their plant has a new leaf or something like that I don't know. That family is crazy somedays.

I wanted to be at work for 11 or 11:30 at the latest since that is when lunch break is over, so that I could at least put in 5 hours today. Unfortunately due to the doctors office being a gong show I ended up getting there at 12. I got to the doctors at 9:45. I waited for an hour and 15 minutes before seeing someone which ended up being a 2 second appointment. I don't know why I couldn't have gotten this doctor when I was worried about all my female problems. I just went to the walk in clinic today since I was just looking to get a prescription for some kind ANY KIND of frickin pain killers. I remember seeing this doctor around when I went for a pap test and was like "please get the british woman please get the british woman." Nope. I got the asian woman, who was cruel and enjoyed torturing people.

Anyways... this woman was nice. She apologized for the wait, I wasn't buyin it. They don't care. The place wasn't even THAT busy when I got there, there was like 5 people ahead of me. THATS IT. How does THAT take an hour and 15 minutes when there's 2 doctors for sure and one pediatrician? I don't get it.

I was rather cranky because I was in pain and wanted to get to work and was going to be later than I expected. I didn't want to piss my boss off so needless to say, I = not a happy camper. I rushed through everything quickly just to get it over and done with. The conversation basically went like this:

Me: " I have extreme menstrual pain all the time, I'm in the process of figuring out what's going on. My gynocologist that I've started seeing is suspecting endometriosis... I just need something to help with the pain because nothing I am trying is helping. I've tried naproxen, midol, advil, advil extra strength, any other type of on the shelf ibuprofen, tylenols etc, and none of them help enough to get me through work, I need something a little bit stronger so I can go to work. I'm missing too much time, and hopefully you know of something that doesn't make me too drowsy."

I got the typical response. "Have you tried the pill yet?" ... sigh.

Me: "Yes I'm on seasonal."

Doctor: "Oh well you're not supposed to get your period on that one for at least 3 months."

Me: "Yes I know but it's only my first month and I suspect that maybe I didn't start it early enough after my period in order to work at it's full potential, I am hoping it will get better, but this is the 5th pill I've been put on and the past 4 have not worked, so it's a waiting game."

Doctor: "Ooo... yes well it definitely sounds like you have endometriosis. You should go for a laproscopy if this pain continues."

Me: "Yeah I am trying this pill out for the next two months and if it doesn't help with the pain then I will be going for a laproscopy."

Her: "I use naproxen for my pain and it helps a great deal. But if it isn't working well enough for you then I can prescribe you some tylenol 3's to try to help with the pain. They should work they're quite strong." *writes prescription*

I won't lie that I was a little cranky when I was explaining things. I guess after saying it over and over to doctors a million times you just start to lose patience.

So I get the prescription and go to the pharmacy to get it filled. I wandered around for awhile and found some new face cleaner stuff and started thinking about t3's. I have been on them once before when I had my wisdom teeth taken out and from what I remember, they didn't do to me what they do to most people. Everyone I know always says that t3's screw them right up. For me, they have little to no effect on me at all. They helped with the gum pain at the time, but they never made me drowsy or dizzy or anything like that. So no big deal.

I took one when I got to work and again, it had no effect. It did help get rid of some of the pain, but there's still hardly an effect at all. I don't get it. These things are supposed to be miracle workers and still no juice. Talk about a pain in the ass. Oh well, at least they help a little bit so it's more bearable AND they don't make me drowsy. That's a good start.

Hopefully with the help of those it'll be enough to be able to suck it up through the day to get in a full day of work at least! That would be nice. I did a full week last week, hurray.. sad isn't it? Yep. This week, not starting off on the right foot, but we'll see how things go!

I found some dresses for Megan's wedding on Sunday. I saw them at RW&Co. about two weeks ago and they were marked down from 88 to 49.95... not a bad price. I went back Sunday to go get some pictures of them and try them on to see if they even looked good on so I could send them to Megan... and when I got there they had been marked down AGAIN to 29.95... 30 Bucks, how can you go wrong? I tried one on, it's cute. It's a little formal for what she had in mind, but assuming she likes them we will hem them a little shorter (they're a bit of an awkward length) and change the colour of the sash. The dress is chocolate brown and kinda lacey. Strapless but you can add straps (it comes with them.) It has a little bowtie like thing at the top, then a sash around the waist. Hard to explain. So I bought 3 dresses, one in my size, and 2 other sizes to send to Megan to have her MOH try them on. She'll get them probably tomorrow or friday at the latest. I have 30 days to return them for a full refund if she doesn't like them so I thought I might as well send them to her so she can actually see them in person AND have her MOH try them on. Hopefully she will like them, I think they have great potential and like I said, 30 bucks? Where do you ever find a dress for 30 dollars?!

I'm going to go to bed I think. I'm damn sleepy now.

No comments: