Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It is a sad sad day.




I didn't think the day would come where I would finally decide to retire my most loved piercing... My nape. I got it pierced nearly 3 years ago and decided tonight I would finally take it out.



It was once perfect, now you can see the slight redness from the irritation.



It has been irritating me these past couple of days, and it is sore. Normally I wait it out and it goes away but it's starting to get irritated more frequently these days, and it is only a matter of time before it gets to a point where it will cause scar damage.

To date I have retired: 2 lip rings, 2 anti-eyebrows (my 2nd favourite piercing), one bellybutton, 2 stretched ears (3/8's of an inch,) 2 helix's, 4 lobes, and now my favourite piercing of them all, my nape.


The first time around:

The second time around:

And the removal of the 2nd time around:


:(

I keep getting this feeling that I may just end up putting it back in tonight but I am going to try not to let myself. It needs to heal up, there is a lot of scar tissue build up in that particular area already and now that it is out I realize just how much scar tissue built up underneath the piercing, there's quite a lump there now. But it could be worsened since it is irritated at this time.

Sigh. At least I could hear the sounds of a toilet being brought into the house upstairs. That is good news.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont retire it!! im a huge piercing fan!! i actually noticed that one when i was in canada and pointed it out to dad who then went on to tell if i got it done i was dead.. lol

Smelly Danielly said...

Aww I love the nape piercing :(

Marlee said...

haha oh Alicia. Unfortunately it is out and it feels better now than it's out, it was really sore when it was in there yesterday so it's for the better! I do love it but since it's a surface piercing there comes a time when you have to take them out, they're not meant to last long unfortunately. Mine outlasted most by about a year and a half to two years!

Ophelia Mourne said...

You are so gorgey! I love the antieyebrow.