Tuesday, January 27, 2009

How annoying.

UGH. I am SO irritated. The toilet has been broken since we moved in. There's a piece of it thats busted off but it has never been an issue. The other problem we had, was that the toilet does not refill itself, so you have to take the lid off the tank, and push down on the lever thing and it starts to fill up again. Again, an inconvenience but not a major deal.

My landlords said when we moved in 'yeah we're going to fix the toilet don't worry we'll do that next week.'

Mmhmm. Well next week came and went. And no fixed toilet. Whatever it's not broken to the point that you can't use it.

We moved in here in March. Still, the toilet has yet to be fixed. Over the Christmas break Krystal was gone, and I was leaving for a week. I talked to our landlords and let them know that both of us would be away for that week and the day before I left the hot water in the kitchen wouldn't work. Sure enough, the pipe had froze. Again, no big deal. They said they would fix that over Christmas break, and I asked them if while they were down there they could maybe seal up the livingroom window since it's crazy cold down here all the time.

My landlord (the girl) agreed and said she would get her husband to do it. Her husband came down before I left for FSJ to ask how the toilet was also. I said it needed to be fixed but that it was useable. He said he would replace it.

I came back from FSJ and he said him and his wife would be going to Home Depot that same week to get a new toilet.

Well that week came and went. And now it's the end of January and still no toilet. Again, it was useable, so whatever.

Today, I come home from school. I have to piss like a racehorse. So bad that in fact I was debating peeing before I left school but decided, nah I'll just pee when I get home, I can hold it until then.

I walk to Dario's house from BCIT... pick up my car, and drive home. I get inside the house, drop my backpack and purse and head straight for the bathroom. And what do I find when I get there??

Water on the floor.

Sometimes when you have a shower if the curtain isn't closed properly you can get a bunch of water on the floor. Since the water was in that exact same area I figured Krystal must have taken a shower and didn't realize (or didn't care) that she'd gotten water all over the floor. So I grabbed a towel and started wiping it up. Finally I couldn't take it any longer and had to pee. The water is wiped up, I put the towel off to the side and I go for the toilet. And that's when I see it.

There is a fucking crack from the top to the bottom of the actual TANK that holds the water. And oh yes, that tank is empty. Luckily for us, whoever last used the toilet didn't refill the tank with water. The tank cracked after that and only spilled out what was left in the tank (which was only about an inch deep.)


So I'm pissed off. I have to fucking pee and I can't even handle it. I change my clothes since the bottoms of my pants were a little wet with toilet water, and I go outside and upstairs to our landlords front door. I ring the doorbell and she comes to the door.

"Hi I'm on a conference call, can you come back or is it urgent?"

So I'm like "uh it's kind of urgent. Our toilet is completely busted, the tank cracked from top to bottom and spilled water everywhere. We need a new toilet."

"Oh well do you have the number for a plumber?"

So by this point I was ready to fucking lose it. I have to fucking piss like a racehorse, she doesn't give two shits about the fact that WE CAN'T GO TO THE BATHROOM RIGHT NOW!! and so I'm like "plumber or not, it's not going to make a difference. The water is cleaned up, the tank is completely empty because it DRAINED onto the FLOOR, but we have NO toilet to use and we need a new one."

"Okay well I'll talk to you later."

AAGGHH.

This wouldn't have happened had they replaced the toilet when they were SUPPOSED to nearly 11 months ago! Who knows how long it was busted up even before that!

Whatever. She finally got off the phone and came downstairs and said that her husband was going to buy a toilet on his way home from work and they would fix it tonight. She also said she would leave the laundry room door open so we could use their bathroom if we have to until we get our toilet fixed.

Too bad for them I already popped a squat outside.



Aside from toilet problems, I did very well on my test and on my shop project. I finished my shop project yesterday after our blueprint reading test and I didn't even use a square. I just threw it together and was like 'oh that pretty much lines up' and 'ohh that looks about square.' .... hahaha I got 93% on it, only one person did better than me with 94% ... not bad for just throwing crap together! I also thought I would have done quite poorly on my print reading test, I wasn't quite sure how I felt about it. I figured I did well on the first couple pages but the last drawing was kind of weird and I figured I made a few mistakes, but again, I got 96% on it. I only got 3 questions wrong. Not too bad.

Sigh. Gong. Show.

Oh and to make matters worse... someones stupid effing alarm keeps going off like 5 times a day. ADKLJFAJWINAOIJA;ERKJ

2 comments:

Smelly Danielly said...

Damn Landlords! Our toilet at work is broken too. We have to use a hanger to flush it. Someone broke the handle right off. Hopefully this time they get it right.

Marlee said...

My brother lived in a house with a toilet like that, they tied a string to it and hung the other end of the string on the outside of the toilets tank and tied a bottle cap to it... it just seemed so disgusting haha