It is 2:30 in the morning and I can't sleep. I'm dead tired but have a major aching cramp in the area of my right ovary, again...
Since I still don't know if I'm allergic to anti-inflammatories, I've avoided taking them since I had that really weird allergic reaction. Tonight however is a different story, and I am willing to try anything to make the cramps go away even if it puts me in the hospital in the next hour. I am really hoping that it was the kind of lunch meat I ate that night that I am allergic to so that I can start taking anti-inflammatories again. They are pretty much crucial in relieving at least some of the pain... so here's hoping.
I picked my ring up today since I finally decided I would definitely need to have it sized. I was hoping maybe it was just cause my fingers were cold, but no even when they swell right up it was still too big. It turned out that I was actually a size 6 not a size 7. They told me I could pick my ring up on Friday but they called today and said it was already done so that was kind of nice.
I'm reading up on endometriosis tonight and I found something rather interesting. The last pill I was on I felt like it wasn't helping with the pain at all, in fact it felt like it was almost worse than it was when I wasn't taking the pill. Tonight I decided (since I'm up with nothing to do) to see if there's any sort of relation. I went off my pill a few months ago and have found it's been a little better. I went back on a new pill and I've found I've felt like shit every day this week. It's hard to find any information on endo that isn't the same as every other website you go to, but I did find one that talked about the possibilities of what causes endometriosis. This is one of the theory's:
"Dr. Deborah Metzger have been working on the idea that edometriosis is actually an allergetic reaction. They have found that their patients appear to have a large number of allergies, including allergies to their own hormones such as Progesterone, LH, Estrodil, and also to Candida (yeast). So in patients who have allergies to hormones, the standard treatment of taking estrogen or progesterone in the form of "the pill" can actually cause the endometriosis to become worse, depending on which particualar allergy they have and the pill they are taking. By treating these allergies, sometimes combined with surgical removal, they have found that this seems to provide relief."
I found it all quite interesting. Since it could explain as to why I feel like I'm in more pain when I'm on the pill than when I'm not. But again, they will probably never know what causes it. It is a medical mystery apparently. Whateva.
I have to get up in 3 hours to get ready for school so that oughtta be interesting. I have a suspicion I'll be pulling an all nighter.
In other news, my roommate went out on a date tonight and has yet to come home. Since its 3am I doubt she's going to. Hopefully she's not dead in a ditch and is just spending the night with this guy.
Well I suppose I should just go watch a movie and wait for either pain to go away, or an allergic reaction to possibly set in. This should be a rather annoying night.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
yikes.
is there a particular reason you have to be on the pill? aside from birth control methods, are there any other options for you? maybe something less hard on your body.
Hope everything works out.
Unfortunately it's a method of treatment. So I've tried numerous pills in hopes that it will help, because typically it is supposed to provide relief of pain, but it doesn't work for everyone. This is the first step they usually take to try to help with the pain, the next methods are a little more severe. My next option is surgery so they like to try minimal things first in hopes that it'll help without having to go so far as surgeries etc.
It all sounds sucky. :( Maybe your best bet it to compeat against Dario in a beard growing contest. ;)
haha if that ends up being my only option, there is no doubt in my mind that I will have a beard growing competition with him.
i WILL win... by any means necessary... steroids anyone?
You would like to think so wouldn't you? Just keep in mind what my legs look like after not having shaved for 2 weeks. My beard would definitely be comparable to yours!
I'll award 10 extra points to whomever grows an epic handlebar moustache first.
And I wanna see grooming! Moustache wax all the way!
Post a Comment